Chapter 6 - Birthday "Celebration" part 1

It didn't take long for me to settle down with my new family.

I grew to know them all individually. They told me of their stories, and i was fascinated by all of them. But  the one that i was most fascinated with was my god brother Harry. He told me about what he and his friends did to save everyone from this guy Voldemort. Personally i thought that he sounded like a complete jackass! Harry couldn't stop laughing when i told him this.

After a while, i began to get used to the nightmares. I expected them when i went to sleep... and though they upset me every time, i didn't tell anyone. It just felt stupid. I was told that it may be a good idea to go to school and finish my education... even though i was advanced beyond my years. I didn't do any magic around anyone, my magic is strange and i didn't want to look like an even bigger freak than i already was!

I hadn't had another, um, episode since when i first got here. My father explained to me that when i get hurt, my body cannot always cope (depending on the extent of the damage) and needed to ingest blood to recover quickly. But sometimes i could get away with it by sleeping it off... I think in future I'll go with the second option.

After much consideration, i decided to let my dad tell everyone what i am. They didn't seem to bothered, and to my surprise, their attitude to me didn't really change. Well, except for the twins, who kept on bombarding me with questions...

"Does the light hurt your eyes?" Fred asked me with wide eyes as we were eating our lunch one day. I was about to answer when George quickly interrupted.

"Can you stand the sight on crucifixes?" I chuckled and pulled out the crucifix i always have around my neck. "Oh..." George sighed, looking disappointed

"Boys, can you stop bothering Nevaeh please." Mollie said, staring at her sons disapprovingly. We ate in silence for a few minuets then Hermione decided to speak up.

"What are we going to do about your birthday Nev?" She asked me

"I don't know... what do people normally do?"

"Party..."

"Um... okay." I answered, unsure

"No, no, no..." Said Mollie quickly "Cant you see she doesn't want something like that... don't worry, we'll sort something out!" I wasn't sure how to answer, so i just nodded and smiled.

************************************************************************************************************

After dinner, we all went upstairs to Harry's room.

"I think we should go out for your birthday..." said Ginny staring off into the distance.

"They'll sort something out." Ron said whilst sitting next to Hermione in front of the fire.

"Well..." Began Harry, who sat down next to Ginny on the edge of the bed and taking her hand. "You should go out with your friend Sarah" Ginny suddenly looked at me with a big smile on her face. I had only met Sarah a few times. She was okay, but if she didn't get her way then she'd start blackmailing you.

"Yeah!" Ginny giggled "It's settled!"  With that she suddenly stood up and ran out of the room. There was a moment of silence, and i turned to see Harry shrug his shoulders. What's she going to do?! 

Two hours later me,  Hermione and Ginny were sitting in the kitchen alone, after Ginny convinced everyone to go for i walk down Diagon alley. She's told them that we were having a "Girlie" talk and didn't want to risk anyone hearing. It is one of the lamest excuses that I've ever heard but somehow, they believed it.

Three minuets after they left there was a knock on the door and Ginny jumped up to answer it, only to return a few seconds later with Sarah. She had her long dark brown hair in a high ponytail and was lackerd in make-up. She wore a short blue frilly dress with a little bow at the top, and some blue high heals with bows on the back. It looked nice... but i didn't think that she was going to be wearing this around the house...

"I'm not going to go partying!" I gasped, "I'm 14!"

Ginny just laughed. "Live a little!" She passed me and Hermione a bag each and one for herself. "Besides... You don't look 14! you look older!"

"She'll pass!" Sarah giggled "Now," She said, addressing me and Hermione "get ready!"

Five minuets later i carefully walked down the stairs and walked into the dining room.

Ginny looked amazing! She wore a cute Green dress with white shoes and matching accessories, Hermione was Waring a black and purple dress with black shoes, her hair, like Ginny's was loose round her shoulders. It would have looked amazing if she's have been smiling... but she just looked annoyed. I'm guessing that she didn't think that this was a good idea.

I was wearing a red dress, which... i've got to admit... i loved it! The shoes on the other hand were pretty but at the same time a death trap. They were so high i knew that if i had to  i wouldn't be able to run in them... Not that I'd have to... "Well! We look amazing! Put your make up on and we can go!" Sarah said triumphantly

"I'm not sure about this..." Me and Hermione said at the same time

Sarah just sighed. "I was hoping that i wouldn't have to do this..." She reached into her little blue bag and pulled out a little gold neck lace.

"Hay!" Hermione shouted "Give that back! My mum gave that to me!" she reached for her wand.

"I wouldn't try that!" Sarah giggled "I've made sure that your magic cant get to it!" Then she turned to me and pulled out... "Give that back!" I growled. She had my book

"Alright! i will... only if you come with us!"

"What type of sick party is this?" i asked, astonished "You're blackmailing us to go out with you! I cant believe this!"

Sarah just giggled. "I've left a note. We're fine!"

"Let us see it." Hermione said, Sarah passed up a small piece of paper

We've gone out celebrating Nevaeh's Birthday! Don't be mad at them because I'm making them do it! Be back soon!

                                                                                 Sarah xxx

"Well i'm glad to see that you've got that all cleared up!" I said sarcastically  "Lets get going!"

Sarah just glared at me. "We've got our wands, we'll be fine."

"What a happy birthday this is!" I said, trying to keep my temper in check

"Come on!" Sarah called whilst heading to the door

"Sorry!" Ginny whispered as she passed us. Me and Hermione looked at each other for a moment, then sighed.

We walked to the door, totally unprepared for what was going to happen at my "Happy Birthday" celebration. Unknowing what was waiting for us, and that it was going to change our life forever...