Cheeky!-John Taylor

MrsGustinsq xx
enjoy!

"You saw me standing by the wall corner of a main street.
And the lights are flashing on your windowsill..." Simon's voice rang in Liv's ears. But she could care less about him. The bass player for Duran Duran was ten times more important to her than Mr. Le Bon. It wasn't that she didn't like the others, but Nigel John Taylor caught more of her attention. Well, all of it.
She held her lighter all the way up into the air, slowly moving it to the song. John's bass line was as fine as ever and Liv's eyes were focused on his playing. Her ambition was to play as smooth as him, but she was far from it, only knowing the 'simple' bass lines such as Sound of Thunder. And she wasn't even playing them on a bass, but on her acoustic guitar that she had tuned down a lot of steps.
She didn't have a lot of money and worked all her hours for this particular concert. Just to mentally try and remember how to play the particular bass lines she dreamt to play. It was funny how she wasn't like the other fans, who where all just really caring about them for their looks and such.
But Liv was only really into the bass lines, as they were precious. The music was of course good too and she couldn't say they were ugly either. But she was just a lot more interested in the bass lines than any other thing the usual Duranies were interested in.

After a while, the band took a break and they all went offstage. There was a lot of chaos around Liv from girls who were worried the band wouldn't come back, but she knew better. She patiently stood at the fences and was pulled out of her trance by a security guard tugging at her arm.
"The band's invited you backstage. You can watch the remaining of the concert from there."
Liv was startled, to say the least. Had John noticed her mimicking his playing in the audience? The guard helped her over the fence and they hurried off to the secluded area and she could hear the disappointed and attacking mutters and swears from the girls she stood alongside.

Liv sighed, but sucked the air in again when she faced the band sitting on the sofas with towels around their neck. She didn't know what to do, except for awkwardly standing in the doorframe until someone spoke up.
"Hey!" John stood up and pulled her inside. "You came!"

Liv smiled at him and sat down next to him. "Yeah, the guard sounded pretty demanding. I didn't exactly have a choice." She teased, earning glances from the other four band members.

"You don't want to be here?" Simon asked, now turning his full attention to her. Liv shrugged at him.

"It doesn't really matter if I'm being honest. The main thing I'm here for are those killer bass lines and it doesn't matter if I'm seeing them from the side of the stage or from the audience." She cocked her eyebrow at John and they now seemed to get it, she was playing a dirty game with them.

"I would've done the same." Nick agreed with her. "The rest of us is shit."

"Yeah right!" Liv chuckled. They all laughed with her and it was time to become serious.
"No, it is true I'm here for the bass. But it's not like my whole life depends on it. I obviously love the music and the looks too. Just like any other fan."

John admired how calm and collected she could be, even though she was with a band practically any girl would die for meeting. She treated them like normal human beings and not some superior sort.
"I never caught your name." He stated, pulling her attention towards him as he boldly took hold of her hand.

"Liv." She answered, rubbing her thumb on his hand as she held it.

"Look at that, it's already a married couple!" Andy exclaimed, standing up and throwing his sweaty towel on Liv's head.

"Look! You're already treating me like one of you, so we must be!" Liv cheekily retorted, bringing a bright smile to his face.

John chuckled and brushed her fringe out of her face. Liv smiled at him and they shared a knowing look of checking each other out. John stared at the freckles on her face while curling a strand of her ginger hair around his finger. She was mesmerising.
Liv was staring deeply into John's honey brown orbs and admired his features such as his sharp cheekbones and that dull smile he had on his face when looking at her.

"Besides learning you my bass lines, would you like to go out after the concert? Or some other time if you'd rather go home." He winked at her and let go of her hair, going back to hold her hand again.

"I'd love to! But if it isn't a bother. You must be exhausted after a concert."

"Oh love, you're never a bother. Trust me."