Chapter 20

He was slightly angry that I didn't get to him on time last night but he soon realized that it was out of my hands. I explained to him that the airport messed my flight up. I had to wait all day in the airport for an opening on a flight. Finally, I lucked up and got one 2 hours before the premiere was supposed to start. That was definitely a problem when the flight is 5 and a half hours. I called Linzey when I landed and she came to the airport and picked me up and took me back to the hotel. She placed me in her room and told me to "Sit tight and she'd be right back". I sat in the dark room waiting for her return. I didn't expect to see Harry until morning so when he came in I was in shock and by the look on his face he felt the same emotion. I at least wanted to freshen up and look half way presentable for him. I was afraid he would just give up and wash his hands of me but he didn't. He comforted me and held me all night and I couldn't have been more content.

That morning we had a cup of coffee together and that's when I explained my reason for not showing up last night. He seemed to understand and that's all that mattered to me. He said he had a few interviews to do this evening before the 2nd showing of the film and he was going to jump into the shower real quick. He placed a soft kiss on my cheek before heading to the bathroom. I laid back down, pulling the covers over my head, smiling to myself.

I must've fallen asleep because when I woke up he was nowhere to be found. I sat up on the edge of the bed and seen a small piece of paper with his careless handwriting on it.

"Sleep sweetheart, you need your rest. If I'm not back before 7 meet me on the red carpet. Don't be late this time or I'll have to punish you. -H"

I smiled at his choice of words. The thought of being late on purpose appealed to me more than it should have. I lounged in the hotel all afternoon with no word from Harry. I had some time to kill so I went down to the lobby and looked around in a couple of shops. Everything was so expensive. I seen a skirt that I fell in love with. It was black silk that had a long lacy slit up the side. I wanted it so terribly, that was until I looked at the price tag. "600 Dollars!" I said louder than I meant to. I placed it back on the rack and made my way back up to our room.

I checked my cell and there was no call or text from Harry. He must be really busy, I thought to myself. Throwing it on the bed, I headed into the bathroom to get a quick shower. I only had about 2 hours left before I had to be at the venue.

I towel dried my hair for the wind blown look and put on my dress Harry had gotten me. I didn't want to accept it, but since he bought it for this occasion I didn't want him to think I didn't appreciate it. After putting on my makeup, I slipped my feet into my black heels. Looking over myself one last time before leaving I took a deep breath and headed out of the door.

The car dropped me off at the entrance to the venue. I was very nervous and that was undeniable. I felt sick to my stomach. I just assumed it was because of all of the media and meeting Harry here in all of the chaos so I took a few deep breaths and waited for him and the feeling ceased.

After a few minutes, I seen him walking towards me with a huge smile on his face. "Hey you!" he said over the loudness of the crowd before kissing me passionately. "Brittany, you look AMAZING! I'm so glad the dress worked out!" I smiled at him before reaching up and kissing the corner of his lips and linking my arm through his.

"You ready?" he asked.

"I can just go inside if you want to do this alone." I said in his ear.

"I'm about to show a few hundred people some of the most intimate moments of my life and you're worried that "us" becoming public is going to bother me?" he said back into my ear. I laughed to myself because I knew how true that was. "Come on beautiful." he said before placing us both in front of the first of many microphones to come.