Chapter 6

We ended up in the most crowded club in LA, I could hardly breathe or move. I didn't care though, I came here to celebrate Madi getting a new job, her dream job at that and to blow off some steam that "he" caused earlier today. He is so confusing, can I not just go to work and do my job and leave when I'm supposed to? Shaking the thought away, I downed another shot of Tequila. It wasn't my choice of alcohol but it's doing it's job.

"Come on Breezy, come dance with us." Madi said using her nickname for me. I shook my head in protest. She brought a girl along with her that was also at the same interview she went to, only for a different position. They both got the job.

I sat as I watched the both of them make their way to the overly crowded dance floor. I was not a dancer and I was not about to start tonight, even though the alcohol was easily working on me, I still had enough sense not to get out there and make a fool out of myself.

After a few minutes of watching the train wreck that was my best friend and her friend, I made my way to the bar once again. Even though I tried to block him from my mind, I couldn't shake it. Why did he crawl under my skin so badly? I thought we had a nice day hiking, inappropriate at the least being that he is my boss and all, but I had no choice.

"What would you like ma'am?" the gorgeous dark eyed bartender asked me bringing me back from my dreadful thoughts. "Shot of Tequila and a beer." He smirked at my order. Putting the drinks in front of me, I handed him my money plus a grateful tip. "Thanks beautiful." His eyes lit up when he counted the money. I smiled at him and headed back to our table.

They were still out on the dance floor having a blast. I thought about joining them but I decided not to. I could feel the alcohol taking control of me, I haven't felt like this since high school. I never went out and done anything, but on graduation night I let loose and ever since then, I've basically became a recluse and focused on my career goal... until tonight.

Taking one last sip of the nasty bitter beer, I got up and made my way to the bar. "There you are," the cute bartender said. All I could do was smile at him, my body felt like Jell-O.

"What could I get you ma'am?" he asked. What is with this ma'am business? Do I look that old? "A CAB!" I yelled at him over the obnoxiously loud music.

"You want me to call you a cab?" he asked making sure he understood correctly. I nodded at him and he shot me a quick smile before dialing on his phone.

I made my way to the restroom while I waited on my ride. The line to the women's restroom was ridiculously long. I couldn't wait any longer so I decided to bypass all of them and make my way into the men's locking the door behind me.

As I tried to focus on my appearance, I ran my fingers through my hair and reapplied some lip gloss. Everything was blurry, but that was my mission for the night and I achieved that goal. Suddenly someone was beating on the door yelling. I didn't care, the men should have to wait like we have to. After glancing at the fuzzy vision in the mirror, I turned and unlocked the door and made my way out of the bathroom to come face to face with the main reason I was in the state I was in at the moment.

"Brittany?" Harry asked with a confused look on his blurry face. The anger I felt when I seen him spread through me like wild fire. Not saying anything to him, I attempted to keep walking past him, but he grabbed my elbow and jerked me back to him.

The girls in line for the restroom were gawking at our interaction. "What do you want?" I slurred.  His eyes were dark, filled with anger, his jaw was clenched tight. As much as I had to drink, it was amazing that I could see his features so clearly.

"What are you doing here?" he whispered so everyone couldn't hear his inquiry. I couldn't stop the eruption of laughter that escaped my throat. He looked down at me, questioningly. Then suddenly he pulled me inside of the bathroom with him and locked the door and I heard the girls outside begin screaming.