Hoseok ~ Meddling Maknaes

Dedicated to @fairytailandbnha ! 💘 I hope this is okay and please feel free to leave any suggestions :)

Winter in Seoul is usually very cold, often lacing the streets white with snow. This winter, however, temperatures have dropped to the lowest on record particularly this week. Temperatures fall into the minus', cars and pavements glistening with ice.

The heating was constantly on in the dorm, the seven members can't afford to get sick so have been confined in their home. With two concerts in a weeks time they have been warned by Bang PD and Sejin to stay inside until the cold snap is over.

3 days into the Siberian weather and Hobi is growing increasingly frustrated by being stuck inside. He decides he can't handle this feeling of cabin fever anymore. He needs to get outside for some for fresh air, take a nice walk and stretch his legs, he doesn't care how cold it is. Nobody would even notice; he'll only be gone for 20 minutes. They'll never even have to know, right? ...

He waits until his brothers fall to sleep before he makes his escape. The last thing Hobi needs right now is a lecture from his hyungs.

He takes the precautions of making sure he doesn't get sick by wearing his thickest Jumper, coat, scarf, gloves and hat to retain as much body heat as possible and looks forward to finally getting outside.

Although freezing, the fresh air flowing through his lungs and the stretch in his legs after a quick walk has revitalised Hobi. He feels refreshed, a weight lifted from his shoulders as he makes his way quickly to bed, sneaking into his room whilst taking extra care to not wake Jimin.

...

He wakes the following morning feeling a heaviness on his chest, his first thought is that Jimin has had another nightmare and has gotten into bed with him.

Opening his eyes, he's expecting to see his roommates head on his chest but instead finds nothing, his bed empty. He sits up and tries to take a deep breath but his chest still feels heavy, leaving him unable to take a deep breath clearly.

No sooner did he have time to worry about it when he suddenly sneezes, immediately waking Jimin.

"Hyung? Are you okay?" His reaction was almost immediate, his voice thick with sleep.

"I'm fine Jiminie, sorry I woke you. Go back to sleep" he lies, unable to answer that question himself right now. Is he okay? Was it maybe dust that had caused him to sneeze?

"Did I hear you sneeze?" Jimin is now sitting up, his eyes squinting with tiredness, his expression was that of concern.

"Ne, it's just dust. I'm okay" Is he trying to convince Jimin or himself? He's not even sure anymore.

Jimin accepts one of his closest friends words, but he makes a mental note to keep an eye on his older brother given his gut feeling of unease.

"I'm going to take a bath and freshen up" Hobi really doesn't feel like getting out of bed but is scared of sneezing again which will clearly concern his Maknae. He feels the need to escape to the confides of the only room in the house where he can't be interrupted, the bathroom.

Jimin nods in recognition of Hobi's words. His mind is telling him to trust the older dancer but his heart knows that something isn't right.
...

Resting his head back against the bath, hot water resting just above his chin, Hobi relaxes in the comfort of the heat. However, that doesn't stop him from sneezing, he keeps the water running to try and drown out the noise from his brothers.

...

Jimin is in the kitchen and lounge area, the rest of his brothers around him, busy doing various things from reading to cooking. He's supposed to be making toast but is distracted by his worry for Hobi. He knows in his gut that his brother is getting sick and is struggling with the decision to confront his older brother himself or tell Jin and let him handle it.