Taehyung ~ Should have never doubted me

I'm back from my (very long & unnecessary) break! I've had this one sitting in my notes for awhile so figured might as well publish it for my great return, currently working on a suggested fic featuring Jungkook not to sure when it will be out but hopefully within the next week! Enjoy the story :P

———————————————————————

Taehyung has always been the type for dramatics.

He has a deeply rooted love for cuddling and attention and affection, so the second he stubs his toe, he'll go whine about it--or maybe he's sore from practice, he'll go to a member craving a massage. When he's sad, he'll want to be held, and when he's happy, he wants the world to know. Taehyung has always had a thing for pulling theatrics and overexaggerating his ailments, and the others always find it absolutely adorable.

Except for on days when they're in a time crunch to get a new choreo down and have absolutely no time for bullshit. Days where they have to get to the studio as soon as possible to work from morning to night to perfect the setlist for their next performance. It's on these days that Tae's whining goes right over their heads and straight to their nerves, and as much as they love him, nobody has the time or energy to put up with it.

"Kim Taehyung," Seokjin's voice is stern, the way it is when one of the boys does something stupid and it's his job to handle it as the eldest, lacking all of it's normal joy. "Wake up. We don't have time for this."

The older boy shakes Taehyung by the hip, earning a low whine from the second youngest. Taehyung buries his face in his pillow and takes a deep breath, curling up tighter.

"No, get up, stop it," Seokjin shakes him a little harder. "I know you're tired, we all are, but you have to get up, Tae."

Taehyung mumbles something incoherent into his pillow and moans.

"What? I can't understand you with your face in a pillow."

"I said I don' feel good, Jinnie-hyung," he flips over so he's on his back, but keeps his eyes screwed shut. "My throat hurts--"

"-probably from singing too hard yesterday-" Seokjin tries making excuses for all of his symptoms. There's no way he's sick, they haven't been exposed to anyone but each other and their well-kept studio.

"--no, and my stomach hurts--"

"--didn't you eat a lot last night?"

"--and I feel sick, hyung, I feel so nauseous."

Seokjin blows out a frustrated exhale, running a hand through his hair. "Look, if you get sick, we'll take you home, alright? But come on, you have to try. For me, tiger, try for me."

Taehyung gives a shaky exhale, pushing himself to sit up and immediately regretting it; his eyes aren't even open and he can feel the world spinning. "I really...I really don't feel good..."

"You'll be fine." Seokjin insists, assuming all of it could just be nerves or from pushing himself, and any other day he'd give all the sympathy in the world and coo and hold him but they just don't have time for it today.

Taehyung rubs the sleep out of his eyes, hiccuping. "Fine, I'll...be out in a second."

Seokjin nods, getting up. Just before he closes the door behind him, he says, "I'm trusting you not to go back to bed," and gives him a stern look. The younger singer nods in return.

Seokjin can't help but feel a little guilty--something seemed off about the younger man, but he tells himself it's nothing and moves on, telling the others that he managed to get him out of bed and he'll be out in a second.