Chapter 20

Shouto brings me home and walks me to my front porch. He insists on doing so, saying that he had to protect me.

"Goodnight Shouto." I smile at him, though I couldn't make out his face clearly in the dark. He wraps his arms around me, resting his chin on my head. 

"Goodnight Y/n." He released me from the hug and looks down at me. "I guess I should go now." He rubs the back of his neck and averts his eyes away from me. I've never seen him act awkward and it was adorable.

He places his hands on my shoulders, leans in, and plants a kiss on my forehead. A deep blush quickly rises to my cheeks. A light blush paints his cheeks as he turns away from me. "I'll see you later." He walks away, leaving me a little shocked.

I walk into my house, closing the door behind me.

"So are you two dating now?" asks Haruki, appearing out of nowhere.

A small scream escaped my lips as I jump back. Realizing its only my maid, I clutch the clothes covering my heart and take a deep breath. "Don't scare me like that again," I say.

"Then don't avoid my question." Her voice had a threatening hint to it, but bright smile and wagging tail said otherwise. This girl, she could be terrifying.

"Did you get a boyfriend today? Tell me all the details." She insists.

A small blush creeps onto my cheeks. "H-he asked me out," I mumble.

"Based on what I just saw, you said yes." She says.

"W-wait, you saw us?" I ask, clearly embarrassed. 

"Of course I did." She takes my hand and begins to drag me towards my room. "Now, don't you dare skip a single detail." She says sitting down on my bed, waiting for me to speak.