Chapter 19

"And why do you care?" Bakugou seems shocked by Shouto's question.

"I-um..." Bakugou can't seem to find his words which shocks me. "She-she's like a little sister. Small and fragile. I want to protect her." Bakugou whispers. Shouto hears him perfectly.

"She's my girlfriend, so she's mine to protect," Shouto says, pulling me out of Bakugou's grasp.

"Girlfriend? You can't date her!" Bakugou exclaims. 

"That's not for you to decide." Shouto counters. I let go of Shouto's hand and step closer to him.

"Bakugou-" I begin, he cuts me off with a quiet mumble.

"Katsuki." He speaks softly.

"Katsuki, I really like Shouto. Besides, I'll be safe with him." I explain.

"If he ever hurts you I'll beat his ass," Katsuki growls. A smile rises to my face. I give him a quick hug and walk back towards Shouto who is pouting.

"Why does he get a hug?" Shouto mumbles.

"Is someone jealous." I tease him, poking his cheek. 

"Of course not." He turns away from me. "Let's go." He takes my hand, intertwining our fingers, he pulls me back to where everyone else is. Katsuki follows quietly behind us, glaring at Shouto, who continues to ignore him.

Mina runs towards us excitedly, Hagakure right on her tail. "Did you ask her?" They ask Shouto in sync. He gives a small nod. The two begin squealing and jumping up and down excitedly.

"Congrats dude. First to get a girl." Kami says, patting Shouto's shoulder. 

"And damn is she-" Mineta begins from behind me but is quickly shut up when he is completely encased in ice. Shouto pulls me away from Mineta, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

Mina and Uraraka laugh, watching Mineta try to break free of the ice. "That's what he gets for being a perverted child." Mina states. She tries to hold in her laugh, but her statement only caused the two to laugh more.

I giggle watching the two collapse in a fit of laughter, a few other classmates watching on and laughing along.

Shouto's expression had remained the same dull one he always has. He laced his hand in mine and I look up to him with a smile.

"Would you like me to take you home?" Shouto speaks quietly. 

"I would really appreciate that," I answer. 

Shouto takes out his phone and sends a quick message before turning his attention back to me. Not too long after, a black limo appears at the entrance to the mall. Shouto reveals that that is our ride. I say my goodbyes, getting tackled into hugs a number of times.

Before I'm able to say bye to Bakugou, Shouto drags me away from him and brings me to the car. "I don't like him," Shouto says plainly as he gets in the car after me.

"You both make it obvious you don't like each other." I giggle.