Chapter 16

"Why would the League or Villians be here?" Shouto asks. "I'm not sure. I don't even know if they're still here." Midoriya replies. "What are you two talking about?" I ask, confused. "A group of villains our class has encountered before. They seem to be targeting us because they know All Might is our teacher and they want to bring an end to him." Shouto explains to me. 

"Are you sure you should be telling her all of that?" Midoriya questions. "It could put her in danger." He continues. "I'll protect her," Shouto says. "Be careful." Worry clear in Midoriya's voice. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine," I say with a small laugh. 

"Fine? How do you plan to protect yourself from someone with a quirk if you don't have one yourself?" Shouto puts his hands on my shoulders, he seems upset. "But I can..." He cuts me off. "Y/n, be honest, you're powerless against someone with a quirk." His words hurt. Tears began to form in the corners on my eyes. 

"But I beat..." I'm cut off again. "That girl that bullied you wasn't anywhere close to how strong a villain is. And your mom, she wasn't using her quirk when you fought her. Even with the handicap, I'm sure you  struggled to hold your own." I can't take it anymore. "Shut up!" The tears began to fall. He was shocked. "I can't believe I thought you were different. You're just like everyone else. I'm not as weak as you think." I run away from Shouto and Midoriya, looking for the entrance to the mall.

I wipe my tears as I run. When I'm not paying attention, I run into someone. "Watch where..." His voice is aggressive at first. "Y/n?" He continues softly, surprising the people around him. He hugs me. "L-let go of me Bakugou." I manage to speak between sobs. "Was it that Half-n-half bastard?" He growls. I push Bakugou off me. "It doesn't matter you're all the same. You'll say you care, but then throw me away like trash when you find out I'm quirkless." I say harshly.

"You're quirkless?" Jiro questions. "Yeah, now that you know I'm useless and can't protect myself, what are you gonna do.  Make me do whatever you want? Bully me? "Put me in my place"?" I finish, tears threatening to fall again. "Why would we do anything like that?" Mina takes a few steps towards me as she speaks. "I don't know what happened, but I do know you're an incredibly sweet girl and you're not at all weak." She continues, hugging me. I let her. I hug her and sob on her shoulder.