You're Alright

(Maya's POV)

The whole room was silent, it was so quiet, you can practically hear the sound of the slap bounce off the walls. Tension filled the air as everybody feared what the baddest of them all will do next. Mason's head slowly turned to face me as I pretty much saw my life flash past my eyes. Still holding his cheek, his clench jaw slowly relaxed as a smirk grew across his face.

"You're alright," Mason smiled as the whole room let out a sigh including me. Soon the whole room was back to it's original state with the music blasting on max volume on the speakers.

"So tell me blondie, what's your story?" Mason asked as we took a seat at one of the tables.

"My mom's dead, My dad killed her, but he's not in jail, it's because he's a huge government man and can pretty much get away with anything, drugs, domestic violence, abuse, murder, just to name a few." I mumbled looking down in shame.

"Not bad," Mason replies with a sympathetic smile.

"What's your story?" I wondered as Mason seemed to shrink slightly.

"I'd rather not say, but it wasn't good," Mason grumbled as a patted his back.

"Did you start all of this?" I wondered looking around the room.

"No, it has been here for a while, but I run it now," Mason sighed running a hand through his hair. I nodded as one question kept floating into my mind.

"What's this 'society's' deal with girls?" I wondered as Mason shrugged.

"It's hard to explain since you're a girl but, umm, how do I put this, so imagine going into the orphanage, the couples look around, hang out with some of the kids, but at the end, it's the girl who always leave. Maybe it's some weird connection, you know, like with a girl it's like daddy's little girl or princess, or mother daughter time..." Mason trails off.

"So people started this so boys can have that feeling of family too," I finished for Mason fully understanding as he nods his head. After a couple hours of small talk with all the guys and a bit of dancing, the 'meeting' was coming to an end as everyone was starting to head back home.

"Ready to go," Brandon asked me slipping on his jacket as I hesitantly nodded my head.

"Actually, could I say here for a bit? I need some time away from all that, you know," I told Brandon who completely understood, that I didn't want to go back because of Griff.

"If Mason's cool with it.." Brandon trails off as I felt a hand on my shoulder to see Mason with a smile.

"It's cool bro, I'll get her settled." Mason told Brandon as he nodded before waving goodbye and disappearing through the brick door.

"Umm, Mason... I don't have any clothes..." I started as Mason cut me off.

"It's fine, you can borrow some of the boy's clothes for the night and we'll take you to get some clothes tomorrow," Mason told me as he guided me to the LA headquarters.