The Proxy Life of Amaryllis

This is the sneek peek to the squel that I am currently working on about Amarllis. Enjoy.

~Hannahsavampire

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I followed my father through the wooded area in the back of some neighborhood, it was late at night and the lights to all the houses were off. I clutched the kitchen knife that my father had given me earlier that night as I tried to calm my nerves. I'd finally turned 18 and my father had decided it was time for me to join in on the family business, and by that he meant killing, so here I am getting ready to commit my first murder. We reached a tall fence, one that was meant to keep deer out by being to tall for them to jump over, I started to climb up after my father and jumped off once I got to the top.

"Ouch." I hissed when I landed wrong hurting my ankle.

"You alright?" My father asked looking back at me through black hair.

"I think so." I said moving my foot in a circular motion causing it to pop.

"This is where the fun beings." He said when we reached the back door of the house.

He twisted the handle and frowned as best he could with a smile carved into his face. "Locked. you remember what I taught you?" He asked stepping out of the way.

I nodded and got down on my knees in order to be face level with the lock, I removed one of the bobby pins from my hair and into the keyhole. I carefully moved it around till I was able to push all the little tumblers up and twisted it hearing the door unlock as a result. I turned the handle and pushed open the door smiling wide.

"Alright now you have to be extremely quite. One wrong move and its all over." He whispered walking into the house.

I nodded following him in silently, thankful that I had switch from my black bicker boots to my black knee high convers due the fact my boots have these weird attachments on them that while they looked cool they were noisy. My father crept up to a closed door that was just out of the kitchen, he held up his hand signaling for me to stop. He slowly opened the door to reveal a bed with two people sleeping in it.

"Watch me." He said pulling his knife out of his hoodie pocket.

He crawled on top of the woman and placed his hand over her mouth causing her eyes to fly open full of fear.

"Go to sleep." He said as he stabbed into her stomach then into her heart.

I watched in awe as he quickly took out the man, who was staring in shock and horror at him, by slitting his throat.

"Follow me." He said leading me to a stair case.

At the top was a small hallway with four doors one was a spare bedroom, another a attic, a bathroom, and a teen girls room. Walking in I spotted a bleach blonde girl sleeping in a large bed, I looked back at my father.

"Go on. Do it." He said leaning against the door frame.

I nodded and slowly made my way over gripping the knifes handle tighter in my hand. I looked down at her sleeping from and took a deep breath, I raised the knife in the air and let it fall, plunging deep into the girls chest. I pulled it out and looked over at my father and smiled brightly.

"That was fun."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~To be continued~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~