The diary of Jane

Welcome back, my wonderful readers! Sorry for the wait I've been busy sadly, I've been trying to post one chapter per week but stuff came up. Anywhore, this chapter is dedicated to Jane! Gonna shine some light on Jane's past. The title of this chapter came from The Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin. Enjoy! ~your friendly neighborhood Hannahsavampire

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jane rubbed the temple of her head with her hands which was now throbbing in pain after hearing those grotesque noises from Jeff and Lucy.

"Ugh... Talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time." Jane groaned.

Jane let out a long and sad sigh as she continued her journey home. When Jane arrived at her destination she opened the creaky door of an old foreclosed Victorian style that was in some serious need of some TLC. The paint was chipping away, most of the stairs the house had been starting to rot, and the shingles were beginning to fall off. Inside white tarps covered the furniture and lamps, protecting them from a thick layer of dust. Jane walked across the old and dirty hardwood floor the clanking of her heels echoing throughout the entire house. She removed one of the many pictures that hung on the walls and blew off the dust causing it to fly up into the air and dance around before clearing away. She stared intently at the photo in her hands which showed an Asian family of three. A short beautiful Asian woman with her long black hair tied up into an elegant updo that was held in place by beautifully decorated chopsticks her pale skin glowing with happiness that was even shining in her dark eyes was standing on the right. A young Asian man with longish wavy black hair, the same pale skin, and black eyes as the woman was standing on the left. And lastly in the middle was a young girl with long black hair like the woman with the wavy from the man as well the same dark eyes and skin. Jane was slightly startled when a drop of water splashed onto the photo, she quickly realized that it was from one of the tears she hadn't even noticed was silently falling.

"Mom... Dad... I'm so sorry... I couldn't do anything to save you. I wasn't strong enough." Jane whispered as she wiped away her tears.

~stop! Flashback time!~

"Jane sweetie your hair is so pretty." Her mom said as she continued to braid it.

Jane smiled softly to herself at her mother's words.

"Alright, all done." Her mom said.

"Thank you, mommy." Jane said smiling widely as she ran to the mirror to examine her moms' job.

"Welcome sweetie, now its time for bed." Her mom said hugging Jane and placing a quick kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight mommy, goodnight daddy." Jane said.

"Goodnight dear." Her dad said patting her on the head.

Jane smiled as she ran up to her bedroom. Jane's bedroom was small but just the right size for her, the walls were painted a soft blue with white carpet, and a single twin bed against the wall with white sheets. Jane got into bed, laying on her as she snuggled into the soft plushness of the mattress. Jane was suddenly awoken by the sound of glass breaking, she looked at the clock next to her bed which told her it was midnight. Swallowing down her fear, she swung her legs over her bed and snuck out her door into the hallway, Jane felt her heartbeat quicken as she tiptoed her way to her parents' room.

"M-Mommy?" Jane whispered as she opened the door.

"Jane?" Her mom mumbled her voice heavy with sleep.