Chapter 6

Lacy's POV

"Loki means to unleash the Hulk," I had been talking to Thor when I heard Natasha's voice through the ear piece. "Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way. Send Thor and Lacy as well."

"Sorry, big guy. I love learning about your dad's six legged horse, but we are needed in the lab," I say as I pull Thor in the direction of the lab.

"What?" Thor asked in a confused voice.
"Agent Romanoff just said that we are needed in the lab with Dr. Banner and Stark."

"Lady Natasha is not here, how to do you know such thing?"

"Earth tech, it's okay if you don't understand. I don't always understand it either." Thor didn't argue as a I continued to pull him twords the lab. I let go of his arm as soon as we met Natasha in the hall. We walked in silence and when we got closer to the lab I could hear both Director Fury and Steve.

Thor was the first to walk in and I came in behind him and Natasha. "-the world hasn't changed a bit."

"Did you know about this?" Dr. Banner asked Natasha and gestured to a screen that had blue prints for a weapon on it.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Natasha asked as she stepped twords him. I stood next to Thor, watching without saying a thing. I seemed to be doing that a lot at the time.

Br. Banner chuckled lightly, "I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

"Loki is manipulating you," Natasha began walking towards the doctor.

"He's been doing that to a lot of people lately," I mutter to myself. Thor glances down at me as if he heard me, but I just shrug it off.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?" Dr. Banner asked as Natasha stepped closer to him.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitch. I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Banner turned the screen so that everyone could see it better. So that's one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s dirty secrets, I thought to myself.

There was a moment a silence before Fury answered. Without looking at him he pointed to Thor, "Because of him." I took a small step away from Thor as the attention was brought to him.

"Me?" Thor asked confused.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town," fury explained. "We learned that not only are we not alone but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Fury now stood in the middle of the room, turning to look at each person.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet," Thor defended.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you?" Fury turned to him. "And your not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched," Fury turned to Stark this time, "that can't be controlled." He turned his head and glanced at me.

"Like you control the Cube?" Steve stepped toward the Director.

Thor stepped up this time, "Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is a signal to all thr realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war."

"A higher form?" Steve questioned.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something-"

"A nuclear deterrent, because that always calms everything right down," Stark put in and Fury turned to look at him again.