Chapter 5

Chapter 5
I walked around, not really knowing where to go. "Couldn't they have given me a map or something?" I mumble as I glance down the hall.

After a few minutes I finally ran into someone. "God bless Captain America! Please take me where ever you are going because I have no idea where I'm going," I jog to catch up with him.

"Um, I was headed to the lab to see if Stark and Dr. Banner have made any progress. You can come, if you want," he said as I stopped in front of him.

"Well, sounds better than walking around the halls trying to find my way back to my room. I think I'll go with you."

Steve nods as we start walking. We stayed silent as he lead the way to one of the labs. I thought over my conversation with Loki as we walked in  silence. That man seamed to ruffle my feathers the wrong way and I didn't appreciate it.

I snapped out of my thoughts as Steve and I came to the lab. We had barely stepped through the door when Dr. Banner let out a loud "OW!"

"Hey!" Steve yelled at someone. It must have been Stark but I couldn't see because of Steve's massive shoulders.

As soon as Steve was all the way through the door I walked around him to see Dr. Banner had his hand on his hip and Stark was staring into his eyes.

"Nothing?" he raised his hands in question. Rolling my eyes I walked over the lab station that they were scanning Loki's scepter on.

"Are you nuts?" Steve asked frustrated.

"Sure am," Stark replied before turning back to Dr. Banner. "You really have got a lid on it haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums, a huge bag of weed?"

I leaned against the table near the end of the scepter and stared at the blue light on the other end. Dr. Banner continued to prep the device for more test as I watched it.

"Is every thing a joke to you?" Steve asked Stark.

"Funny things are," he answered, pointing at Steve. I suppressed a smile.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't very funny," Steve said sternly. "No offence, Doc." he added softer.

"It-it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things," he typed in a few things on his computer. Stark began to walk around and I could see a slight smirk on his face as he drummed on his hand with a small metal stick.

"I think he's fine, Steve. You don't always have to be on guard," I said as I stood up a little straighter. I must have gone unheard because Steve continued to glare at Stark.

"You're tip toeing big man, you need to strut," Stark walked over to one of the other tables and picked up a bag of what might have been blue berries.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark," Steve glared.

"You think I'm not?" Stark popped a berry in his mouth before going on, "Why did Fury call us in? Why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't go to the equation unless I have all the variables."
Steve's glare softened, "You think Fury's hiding something?" His voice was calmer but he still seemed tense.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets," Stark said softly, then popped a blue berry in his mouth. "It's bugging him too. Isn't it?" he said, gestering to the doctor at work.

"Uhh, umm, I just want to finish my work here and-"

"Doctor?"

With a sigh, Banner gave in. He took off his glasses and folded them together, "'A warm light for all man kind', Loki's jab at Fury about the cub." My eyes flickered from each of their face as they spoke.