Chapter 7

Lacy's POV

Before I could do anything found myself being smashed into a wall and the sound of several things breaking filled my ears. I hit the ground, my head spinning. My mind couldn't focus on anything as my bones popped back into place.

Suddenly I heard gun shots and someone pulled me to the side. My mind came back into focus as the sound of a monster's roar filled the air. I found myself pressed against the ground, being shielded by Thor. I watched as the Hulk jumped out of the window.

Thor stood up and glanced down at me, "Lady Lacy, are you injured?" He offered me a hand.

I took it, and stood up. "No, not permanently anyways."

Thor gave a short nod before running towards the door way. "What- where are you going?" I called after him. When he just kept going I ran after him.

"Where are you going, they probably need our help on the main deck."

"They are here for Loki. We must get to him before they do or war will soon be upon us," he said without looking at me. I stopped and glanced behind us, towards the main deck, than looked back to Thor, who was still headed in the direction of Loki's holding cell.

I was needed in both places. Fury would need back up, and it seemed that everyone else was busy, but Thor needed more help. Loki was manipulative and not even Thor could handle him alone. I ran after Thor.

I turned the corner and saw Thor stop at the entrance Loki's holding room. "NO!" he cried out as he ran into the cell room.

As I came to the door way I saw Thor being locked into Loki's cell, without Loki in it. My eyes wided as I heard his voice, "Are you ever not going to fall for that?"

I walked forward, just enough to peek around the corner and saw Loki standing where I had been standing hour before. I also took count out how many Loki slaves were in the room; only one.

I took a few steps back, and tried to steady my breathing. After I managed to breathe properly I put my hand to my ear piece and whispered into it, "I need back up in Loki's holding room, does anyone copy?"

"I copy, ma'am. I'm on my way," came Coulson's voice. I let out a sigh of relief.

The sound of metal hitting glass and of gears releasing made me step back into my original place. I saw that Thor had hit the glass interior of the cage, resulting in a huge crack. I dared to look further around the corner and see Loki laughing lightly as he walked over to the control panel.

Before I had a chance to hear anymore I felt a light tap on my shoulder, and turned to see Agent Coulson behind me, carrying a very large gun. I gave a slit smile, relived to have help.

"That was fast," I whispered to him.

"I didn't need much time. I just found the biggest prototype we had went down a few sizes and came here. How many guards do we have?"

"Only one," I whispered.

"Good, you take care of him and I'll take care of Loki," I nodded before reaching down and picking up a broken pipe. Glancing around the corner I saw that both Loki and the guard were distracted. Signaling for Coulson to follow, I walked quietly up to the guard, who had his back turned to me. I quickly bashed the guard over the head with the pipe, making Loki and Thor turn to us as he dropped.

"Move away, please," Coulson said from beside me. He had the gun pointed right at Loki. Thor looked between the two as Loki raised his hands in surrender, backing away from the controls.

"You like this?" Coulson asked, stepping past me. Loki was stepping towards him lightly, his hands still raised and his eyes scanning the large gun. "We stared working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does."

I walked a step behind the Agent and an uneasy feeling settled in my gut.

Coulson pressed a button and the gun began to fire up, "Do you want to find out?"

Suddenly Coulson let out a cry as I found Loki beside me, not in front of me. The pipe fell from my hand when I saw Loki's spear piercing through Coulson's chest.

"No!" Thor cried out as I was frozen in shock.

Loki's hologram disappeared and Coulson let out another cry as he sank to the ground in front of me. Loki than turned to me.

"You should not have medaled, Little Bird," he said, pointing the scepter at me.

I was shook out of my daze and glazed at him, "And you shouldn't have come to earth, you bas-" Loki lurched forward, I expected to find myself with his specter in my chest but instead he had his hands around my neck.

"I will not be spoken in such a way but some mortal," He hissed.

I found that my feet were no longer touching the ground as I struggled to breathe. I was beginning to see spots when he finally dropped me. Coughing and wheezing I feel to the ground next to Coulson, trying to regain my breath.

Wind rushed into the room as the panels beneath the cell opened. I heard the sound of machinery and than the drop of a heavy object. Thor was gone.

As the panels closed, and Loki began walking away from the control panel I called out, "You're going to lose." I tried to sound strong but my voice came out groggy. Loki stopped and turned to me.

"Am I?" he said lightly.

"It's in your nature," I heard Coulson next to me. I struggle to stand up.

"Hmm," Loki smirked. "Your heroes are scattered. Your floating fortress falls from the sky. Where is my disadvantage?"

"You lack conviction," Coulson told him.

"And your forgetting, there's still one hero stand in front of you," I added.

"Oh, really?" Loki stepped toward me. "So you're a hero now, Little Bird?"

"Yes, I am."

He looked at me over, "You don't really believe that, do you? Because I don't think you do."

"How would you know? You don't know anything about me."

He stepped even closer, "That's where you're wrong. I do know you, remember? I've been through your mind; I've seen your past. Your father, your visions, your precious Felix-"

"How dare y-"I tried to stop him but he went on.

"You're wrong, very wrong. I know you, it's you who doesn't know me," I found that Loki is then inches from me. I put my hands up to try and make distance between us but he grabs my wrist.

"Let me go," I demand.

"You don't know who I truly am but you'll find out soon enough," with that he placed his hands on cheeks and looked into my eyes, his unreal blue eyes burning into mine.

Without another word he used all his force to turn my head to the side, and snap my neck.

___________________________

Tell me what you think and don't forget to vote.
Thanks for reading!