Chapter 3

~ I only own Lacy Lucas and Arabella Amsel ~

Chapter 3

Standing in front of the full length mirror, I stared at my reflection. I looked different then my usual self, my straight hair was replaced by dark, lush curls. My t-shirt and jeans where replaced by my mint green gala dress.

Walking away from the mirror I stuffed all the cash I would need for my cab into my white clutch. Yes, I was going to a gala in a cab. I didn't know of any limo service places in town, okay? Plus I don't have a cell phone, I only have a house phone. It's not like I have anyone to call, any ways.

I wrapped my shawl tight around my shoulders and pressed my wings even tighter to my back. I was taking a really big chance going, and I had a bad feeling about how the night would go down, but being a stubborn person, I ignored my feeling.

I mad sure the door shut behind me before I made my way down to the lobby. The hotel I was staying in was a very nice one so no one thought it odd when a young woman, such as myself, was leaving in a very nice dress. When I reached the lobby I noticed a man holding a sign that read: Lacy Lucas.

He noticed that I was the only one wearing a fancy dress and came up to me. "Are you Miss Lucas?" he asked in broken English.

"Yes, I am. Why?" I reply in German. Partly because he would be more comfortable and because it was also not a problem for me. Germany was where I was raised, I've had a few hundred years to lose the accent.

"I am your driver this evening," he said with a smile, happy not to have to keep speaking English any longer.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't order a car."

" You did not know?" he asked slightly confused.

"Know what?" Now I was confused.

"The car has been payed for by Mrs. Amsel. I'm sorry I thought you knew."

Arabella had ordered me a car? I wasn't expecting that. "There's no need for apologies. Lead the way will you please."

With a nod he headed outside, me on his tail. Once outside he walked up to a small limo. I was thankful that it wasn't big because big draws attention, and I'm not big on attention.

The car ride was quiet. I watched as the buildings whizzed by. I reminded myself that when I was a little girl a city like this one was never thought possible, it wasn't even thought of. Times where simpler then. All you had to think about was getting out of the house, I thought with a smile. I'm not sure why I smiled, but I did. Maybe it was the thought of the simplicity, the peace.

We arrive at the gala and I was awe struck. My first thought? Dieser Ort ist unglaublich! or (in English) This place is amazing! My second thought? So many people.

The car came to a stop and someone opened my door, and offered me a hand. One hand holding my shawl, I took the hand with the other and stepped out of the car. I was still smiling, strange isn't it? I couldn't wait to get the night over with, yet, I was happy to be there.

*************

We where 30 minutes into the gala and I still hadn't seen Arabella. I couldn't find her anywhere. Not that I knew what she looked like anyway, she was three the last time I saw her.

I walked around the room, looking at the sculptures, and listening to the music. The music seemed familiar, and so did the room, but I couldn't place it at first. Then it struck me. My dream. I turned and looked at the stairwell. The same one. Exactly. I began to walk towards the large marble bull in the middle of the room when I bumped into someone.