Chapter 9

Lacy's POV

"Hey Princess, I could use your help," I heard Stark's voice crackle through my ear piece, it had gotten pretty beaten up after all the smash, and breaking around I got.

"Alright, Stark, where are you?" I asked, glancing over at Steve, who was listening through his ear piece.

"I'm at Stark Tower, and so is Loki, so hurry up."

"Got it, be there in a bit."

Before I could say anymore the hatch at the back of the jet started to open. I turned to Steve, who was standing the controls, and nodded. "I'll see you guys after I help Stark out," I walked towards the hatch and looked out it. The jet was moving fast and I had never jumped out of flying object and gone into full flight.

"Jumping out of moving objects still not on your top 10 things to do?" Natasha asked from her seat.

"Not really," I called back.

"At least you can't die," Steve said.

I rolled my eyes than leapt from the hatch. At first I just let myself free fall. When I finally opened my wings I made the mistake of opening them too fast and I was jerked back by the wind. After I gained control and found the right wind current, I took off towards Stark Tower.

"Don't come in too heavy, Princess, Loki hasn't started anything just yet," Stark told me.

"Alright, so I'm flying in for what?"

"Just in case things get out of hand up here, which they are bound to."

I reached the tower in no time.

From a distance I saw Stark walking into the penthouse from the balcony, his armor being taken off as he walked. On the other side of the balcony I saw Loki walking in the same direction. At the sight of Loki I felt something strange in my gut.

When I got closer to the building I could see Loki walking towards the glass walls that looked over the city. He was talking to Stark, who I couldn't see, but I couldn't hear a word of what he was saying. Our eyes locked for a split second as I landed on the balcony. He quickly drew his gaze away, and turned back to Stark.

I quickly ran up the steps into the building, folding my wings behind me. As I walked through the door way I saw Stark standing behind a bar, pouring a glass of something.

"The Avengers," was the first thing I heard. Stark hadn't noticed me yet.

Loki gave a look of confusion and took a few steps towards Stark, not acknowledging my presents.

Stark rolled his eyes and explained his earlier comment, "That's what we call ourselves. We sort of a team, Earth's mightiest heroes type thing."

"And if that title doesn't strike fear into your heart, than I don't know what will," I say sarcastically, trying to get Stark to acknowledge me. He nodded in my direction, a smirk on his face, before turning back to Loki.

"Yes, I've met them," Loki said smiling. He turned his head to look at me bore turned forward again.

"Yeah," Stark said with a flash of a smile. "It takes a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But lets to a head count, here. Your brother, the demigod," Loki seemed to tense up a bit as Stark started list our team mates, "the super soldier, a living legend, who kind of lives up to the legend."

I saw Stark start to move something around on the counter, and Loki started to pace a bit. "A man with breathtaking anger-management issues, a immortal bird girl, a couple master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to tick off every single one of them."