29: THIS IS IT OMFG

Brooke's POV 

I woke up with my mom tapping my shoulders. "Brooke, honey, we're home." My eyes slowly opened, absorbing everything around me: the smell of the air condition here inside our car, the sidewalk and lamposts outside, and mostly, our house standing beside us, with only a light on the living room. 

I yawned. "What time is it?"

"It's 7:30 in the evening." Oh we're early. I checked my phone and saw my inbox flooded with messages. What's wrong with these people?

Messages from Alli:

THEIR SHOW WAS INSANE YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN HERE WITH ME

Hey, I gave Riley you're little present and he loved it :-)

Call or text me when u get home because i have something to give u!! Reply asap 

Messages from Riley: 

Hey how was your flight? 

I TASTED THE CUPCAKE AND THIS IS SO GOOD I NEED TO HAVE MORE

Will you bake me some more please

CAN I JUST MARRY YOU BECAUSE I SWEAR THE CUPCAKE IS REALLY GOOD

uhm WAIT

Sorry i SENT that accidentally

............... awkward

Brooke don't........ ugh.

Just text or call me when you get home 

I feel like I'm going to die any minute here because of Riley's text messages. I couldn't breathe and honestly, his texts aren't funny. I felt my cheeks go red, including my whole face and ears.

"Finally you're home," JM said, my idiotic twin brother greeted me. His name is James but I don't like calling him that so I just call him JM.

I eyed him suspiciously, looking at him from head to toe. He looked fresh from shower with his disheveled brown hair, his blue eyes with glint. He looked like........

Oh MY GOD THIS IS SO DISGUSTING

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He said.

"Look, I don't really care what you did while we're gone but seriously JM? Are you hiding a girl behind your closet or something? Because you looked like........." I couldn't say the word. I may be 19 but I'm still a bit innocent.

"Like I just had sex?" He said with an amused grin on his face. I groaned and looked at him with disgust. 

"Don't worry. Already took care of her before you and mom arrived," he gave me a thumbs-up. I groaned in frustration and asked myself, why am I stuck with this jerk? What does he even get from screwing up girls?

"Forget I even said anything," I shudder.

"By the way, I gotta go. I ran out of condoms," he whispered and held the knob of our front door. Then mom shouted his name from the kitchen, "JAMES!"

We both jerked up, looking horrified with the sound of her voice. I gave him an uh-oh  look. He looked troubled.

"JAMES AVERY WHY IS MY FAVORITE PORCELAIN VASE ON TOP OF THE REFRIGERATOR AND SMELLS LIKE CIGARETTE AND PUKE?" Mom shouted, then faced us, looking so disappointed.

I knew it. He threw a party while we're gone. This immature jerk ugh.

He looked at me with a pleading face. Oh no. I'm not going to save you. I gave him an evil grin, "Uhm mom, I'm going out with Alli tonight. Is that okay?"