27: Without You

Brooke's POV 

From: Ri the idiotic banana 

Hey goodluck on your audition today! Don't be nervous and just be positive on whatever the result will be. I know you'll nail it ;) Update me. 

I arrived in LA two days ago and I wasn't called yesterday for audition which means I'll be called today. He texted me a few minutes ago and I couldn't shake the smile off my face. Riley really knows how to lighten up my day.

The thing is, I'm still upset that I couldn't go to their show. Yeah, LA is really a beautiful place but there's a part of me that I'd rather stay home, fangirl with cousin Alli, and meet up with Riley. It's not my first time too see him but everything is different now. We became friends in just over 4 months and who would've thought that he's a band member that'll be my friend. But that wasn't the weird part. It's not just a silly crush that I feel for him. I actually like him for who he is and it's starting to scare me that everyday as we talk, I'm starting to fall for him deeper and deeper. The way my heart flutters at the sound of his voice over the phone, the way I notice myself smiling like an idiot over his good morning messages, the way I stutter and lose myself whenever we facetime. He's driving me insane.

I deeply sighed as I played with my fingers. The audition starts in hour. I looked down and checked my outfit: stripped pink and green sweater then a pair of black leggings and knee leather boots. Well, I look fine but I don't feel fine. I feel nervous as hell. What if I embarrass myself out there? What if I'm not good enough? Does that mean I went here to LA for nothing?

Then Riley's words spoke at the back of my mind. You'll nail it, he said over the text. I could really use his hug right now. I wonder what Riley's doing right now. 

Riley's POV 

*THE NEXT DAY*

"Mi mi mi mi," Connor sang while goofing around with Toby inside the dressing room. "La la la la la!" Toby followed, joking around which is actually their daily warm-up.

I just rolled my eyes on them and sighed. I slumped on the couch and tapped my foot on the ground, looking absolutely bored and not in the mood. Usually, I'd be excited and goof around with them before a show but now, the excitement left me since I know that she won't come.

Of course I'm happy for her since she's in LA, auditioning for a show since it's her greatest dream. The last thing I want to do is stop her.

I want to see her, a voice inside me whispered. 

But she's miles away and besides, life's really unfair you know, another voice inside me replied. 

I shook my head and groaned. Why is thinking about her driving me absolutely crazy?

"Ri, it's five minutes 'till we start. Let's go!" Toby said. 

We entered the stage, hearing the crowd cheer, seeing the fan posters raised high up in the air, and seeing all the fans before us. They kept chanting our names that made me at least smile. I scanned the crowd, a hopeless feeling inside me, telling me that she might be here. That she might have gone home already and decided to watch the show. But she's not here.

I heard the fans shout, "We love you Before You Exit!" I raised my hands up, trying to smile as wide as I can and shouted , "What's up, Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!" Then we started the show.

If she's ever here, I want to dedicate my whole performance to her. If only I had a choice, I'll fly to LA right now and give her a warm crushing hug.

Brooke's POV 

The audition was pretty nervewracking but worth it. My heart literally dropped on the moment I entered the room, seeing the face of the director and other people with intimidating faces. I rehearsed for this for a million times but it's different once you're out there, doing the actual thing. But that's the point why I take drama classes: to be better. After that, I got to meet the director of the show plus some of the cast. Of course, I need to take a selfie with them. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity! After that, we went sight seeing here in LA.

I checked my phone and there are no messages from Riley. I felt my stomach sink and released a sad sigh. Why is life really unfair? 

As I roam around the streets here in LA by myself since my mom was busy going sightseeing with herself, I looked around on the shops. Then my eye caught something. It was a music shop.

The sound of the bell rung inside my ears as I felt the cold breeze of the air condition inside the store. It's snowing outside and it's still freezing in here. My eyes scanned the bright green walls covered with black stripes. The store is not really small but it's not also big and spacious. Electric guitars were hung up in the walls, a drum set stood by the corner, and so many more were displayed here. I reached by a glass cabinet then saw the most absolute perfect thing in the whole world: a gift for Riley.

I looked up then met the eye of the store owner who looks like Harry Styles. (But bruh, Harry Styles is cuter ok)

"How much is this?"

============================================

Sorry if I didn't update for a month. I've been busy with school and sorry if this is a crappy update :( I'll try to update two chapter today :-)