Chapter 8

After the father and son quarrel which still lasted for a while, Del decides to switch on the television to ease off the tension between Dean and their father.

BREAKING NEWS!!!
FIRE EXPLOSION IN LATOPKA BRIDGE.

  "There have been a car accident followed by a fire explosion in the Latopka bridge. It has been confirmed that we have at least three people confirmed dead due to the fire."
"This isn't the news we need to be hearing now." Mr Wongnate says.
"We don't know the names of the two but the last one has been confirmed to be Pharm Tanapon."
"My Lord, isn't it just your friend that left the house right now?" Dean's mother asks looking at her son. Dean stands up rushing to his room to get his mobile phone. He calls Pharm's number but he isn't picking up. He comes back to the living room.
"I'm sure it's someone with the same name. I bet it's a mistake."

   Pharm's picture is then displayed in the screen at the edge. Del and Mrs. Wongnate gasp seeing the picture of Pharm smiling.
Dean falls back to the chair making a loud thud sound. He feels the hot tears falling out of his eyes. He covers his face with his palms. He remembers how Pharm left his house with so much pain. He could see the pain in Pharm's face even if he tried to hide the pain with a smile or laughter.
"Life is so cruel. We just spoke to him to right now and he's just gone just like that." Mrs Wongnate cleans the tear on her cheeks.
"I wonder how his family is doing right now." Don says pitifully.
"Dean, are you okay?" Del asks showing concern.
Dean just stands up and runs to his room banging the door close and locking it.
      In Nirvana, Team and Manow are seated opposite each other. Manow is in tears. Her cheeks and eyes are red.
"We just met him that night. How could he just leave like that?" Manow sobs harder.
"It's okay. I hope he's just in a better place." Team moves closer to Manow patting her back gently.

     The bar is painted dark red with traces of violet. Different bottles of alcohol and wine are displayed on shelves round the bar. Win, Law and Dean are seated round a table with several empty bottles of wine on the table mostly drank by Dean.
"Dean, enough with the drinking." Win says dragging the bottle from Dean's hand as he attempts to gulp down the wine.
"I deserve this. I let him walk out that door. If I wasn't afraid of my parents, if I held onto him then he wouldn't be gone. He would be here smiling at me."
"It's not your fault. It's just life. Someone's there then later he isn't there anymore." Win says patting his friend's back.
"Maybe in this life, you both aren't meant to stay together." Law shrugs.
"He took a bullet for me in my past life. He had an accident in this life. What happens in our next life? I bet he won't exist anymore." Dean takes a sip of the red wine from the cup.
"Dean you need rest and sleep."
"Are they sure it's really Pharm they saw? Maybe it was mixed up or something?"
"His phone and wallet were in the taxi that got burnt. The explosion was much that it could have burnt his body to ashes. I know you want have as much hope as possible but I think you should let him go." Law says. "This is just to tragic for anyone. You will find happiness. If life took Pharm, life will give you someone even better."

             ONE MONTH LATER.
Beep! Beep! Beep!
   Pharm opens his eyes slowly with pain. He looks around the environment taking in the white painting all over the wall. His eyes becomes drowsy but he forces it open. He moves his head gently to the left and sees medical equipments. He tries to move his body but it's too painful for him.
    A female nurse walks in and sees the patient is awake, immediately she rushes out to call the doctor. After a while, the doctors and nurses storm inside the room checking on Pharm. They check his vitals and pulse showing everything is okay.
"Where am I? Pharm talks with struggle.
"You're in the hospital. You were found in a river so you were brought here."
"What happened?"
"We don't know for sure. But you sustained heavy injuries among them is head trauma. Do you remember anything?"
Pharm tries to think of something but he can't. "No, I can't remember anything."
"Don't stress about it. You have partial amnesia. You just need time and you will remember everything." The doctor smiles and leaves the room with the nurses. After some minutes, Pharm falls asleep.

     "Pharm, are you sleep?" The doctor gently shakes the young man that's asleep. Pharm slowly opens his eyes and sees a familiar face.
"I can't believe it's you. You're alive." Alex can't believe his eyes. He notices some stitches on Pharm's body but nothing that won't disappear and he will be back to normal.
"Who are you?" Pharm asks looking at the doctor then at the good looking guy.
"It's me Alex. Have you forgotten about me?" Alex forms a sad face.
"I'm sorry but I can't remember anything."
"Ohhh..."
"He must have hit his head during the accident. It's not serious. He just have partial amnesia." Pruk says.
"Thanks so much man. The evidence showed you died in a fire explosion."
"Well, you're lucky to see your friend all thanks to me." Pruk folds his arms smiling.
      30 MINUTES EARLIER.
Doctor Pruk leaves Pharm's room going to his office. He receives a message from Alex asking if he's in the office. He replies Alex texting yes. After some minutes, there's a knock on the door.
"Come in." Pruk says going through the documents of Pharm. The door opens and Alex walks in.
"Pruk" Alex hugs his buddy from college.
"Alex, what brings you this side?" Pruk and Alex sit down.
"Nothing really, we had a filming this side so I remembered you work here so I came to check up on you." Alex admires the well decorated office. Two mounted ceiling fitted bulbs brightly shining in the white painted office. A desk with papers littered all over the table.
"So how's work?" Alex asks.
"Work is fine. The usual stuff going on here." Pruk runs his hair with his fingers. "Actually, there's this guy we saved about a month ago. We don't know his name or anything so we don't know how to contact his family."
"Where did you see him?" Alex shows interest in the conversation.
"In a river. But it was like he had a car accident or he was beat up considering how he looked at that time."
"Do you have any pictures or anything on him?" Alex asks. Pruk brings out the documents and pictures of Pharm and shows it to Alex.
  Alex takes it and his hand begins shaking. The papers and picture fall out of his grip.
"Are you sure this is the boy in your hospital?" Alex yells.
"Yes, he's right here as we speak." Pruk almost laughs. "What's wrong?"
"We thought he died in a car accident. Take me to him right now." Alex commands.