Chapter 7

I dedicate this chapter to @purpleflower2014 . Thank you for the votes. It really warms my heart.

The maid rushes and opens the door.
"Welcome." The maid greets with a nervous face.
"Thank you." Pharm steps into the house.
The maid closes the door and hurriedly goes back to the kitchen. Pharm looks around the living room and sees Dean with his family. He smiles walking towards them.
"Sawadee krab." Pharm gives a waai.
"Welcome. Are you Dean's friend?" A middle aged woman with black hair neatly tied up asks.
"Uh... yes." Pharm says. "I'm sorry it seems I'm interrupting your family." He sees Dean and his father both standing up.
"No you're not." Mr Wongnate says. "Please have a seat."
Pharm sits where Del and Don are seated. They look at Pharm with sad face. They both heard the discussion about Dean's feeling for him.
"My son, Dean is getting..." Dean's father starts.
"Pa..." Dean interrupts him.
"Married" Mr Wongnate finishes.
    Pharm eyes widens in shock. He grabs his trouser fabric tightly. He feels the tears in his eyes threatening to come out but he holds it.
"I'm not..."
"Con.. congratulations... That's great news." Pharm smiles. "When's it happening?"
"Very soon. I see you're close friends with my son. So help me spread the news to his friends and colleagues." Mr Wongnate says. "Yes, he is getting married to Giffy." He points to a young lady in pink gown.
"Congratulations Giffy. I wish you a blissful marriage." Pharm smiles trying to hide the pain from appearing in his face.
"Thank you." Giffy replies with a smiling face.
"I think I will take my leave. Thanks for telling me the news. Congratulations once again." Pharm stands up with wobbly legs. He takes each step slowly so he doesn't fall.
"Pharm, don't leave." Dean says making Pharm to stop. Pharm grips his trousers tightly. He sharply turns around with a smiling face showing his white set of teeth.
"No more party or going out. You will soon get married. If I see you with another girl, I will call Giffy." Pharm laughs which comes out as a hoarse cough after a few laughs. "Bye Dean. Bye everyone."
   Pharm walks out of the house so fast and begins running. He feels his knees aching in pain but he keeps running. Tears starts flowing out of his eyes. He stops and falls to the pavement beside the road. More tears keeps flowing as the pain in his heart increases.
"HOW COULD HE DO THIS TO ME?" Pharm says with a hoarse voice. He screams out the pain in his heart.
"In... did you see this coming? Your past life lover betrayed you." Pharm begins laughing but it still hurts.
       He sees a taxi coming his direction. He stops it and enters telling the direction his address. As the taxi drives, he notices a strange smell in the taxi.
"P' are you drunk?" Pharm asks.
"I just drank a little. Nothing to worry about." The driver replies.
"You can stop. I will drop here." Pharm brings out his wallet.
The driver puffs out smoke from his lips. "I will take you home. I'm not drunk!!"  The driver yells and the speed of the car increases pushing Pharm into the seat.
"P, slow down. If you keep driving like this, it will be dangerous." Pharm yells already getting scared. He quickly puts on the seatbelt. The speed further increases making Pharm to hold the belt tightly. The driver tries to overtake a lorry infront of him but an incoming vehicle nears the taxi from the other lane making the driver to turn the taxi harshly. The taxi hits the lorry by the side.
"Lord...." Pharm calls out in fear. The lorry starts moving left and right multiple times causing screeching noises.
"Stop the car. You're going to get us killed." Pharm yells out loudly. The taxi driver just chuckles. The driver goes behind the lorry. The lorry driver applies brakes immediately but the taxi was too late to evade or apply brakes then the taxi collides with the back of the lorry with speed. The boot region of the taxi goes up and land down with a loud thud. This impact makes the driver's face collide with the steering wheel knocking him into an unconscious state.
    The impact left Pharm unconscious. He wakes up dizzy trying to get accustomed with his environment. He sees the smoke erupting from the car bonnet which later turns into fire. With enough energy, he unbuckles the seatbelt and tries opening the door but it won't budge. The fire and it's heat starts spreading making him try harder and faster. The door opens. He falls to the ground crawling far away from the car. He sees a small lake just below the small bridge He looks back to the burning car, if it explodes the fire will surely consume him. He tries to stand up holding the handrail. He pushes his weight and falls over the bridge landing in the water then the taxi explodes causing fire to spread all over the bridge including the lorry.