Chapter 4- Becoming Acquaintances {Edited}

She sat at her desk Monday afternoon and continued to stare at her ring finger. Still fondling the stunning ring with her thumb, Keira was still torn after her father practically forced her to marry Sean. It just didn't fell or sat right with her. It was completely the wrong thing to do. Yet she still agreed.

He didn't love her and she definitely didn't love him. Hell they barely knew each other, yet her father felt the need to intervene. Keira understood that her father wants the best for her but if he thought that marrying a complete stranger was the key to everything then he didn't know nothing.

Complete stranger ? Well she had a sex with a complete stranger and ended up conceiving....

She knew that when she told the family that she was pregnant her father wasn't going to take it lightly. His poker face didn't show any emotions but if Keira knows her father, he was livid. She wouldn't fault him for that because she did disappoint him, but most importantly herself.

After dinner, Keira told Sean that she wanted to be left alone that night to think. Reluctantly, he did but promised to pick her up first thing in the morning and that, he did. She didn't know whether to be thankfully or annoyed.

Keira look up from her hand and he saw Sean walking to her office through the glass walls surrounding it. She quickly glanced at her computer and pretend to be engrossed in her work. He knocked on the door.

"Come in," she said flatly. She was still mad at him. Even though she should be more mad with herself for saying yes to his proposal.

Sean walked through the door and closed it. "Did you forget the staff meeting was ten minutes ago?" He asked walking to her desk.

"I did not," she responded.

She didn't want to go because she would have to see him and it would have been irrelevant since she was trying to avoid him at every cost. Keira had to go because of her duties and also to update her team for the hip hop issue coming up.

"So... Are you coming?"

Keira sighed. "When I'm done."

"And how long will that be," he asked losing patience.

She shrugged. "Whenever I'm done."

Sean ran his hand over his face. "Ok"

Keira watched Sean walk away from her desk from the corner of her eyes. She closed her eyes and let out an unsteady breath. She let out a yelp when she felt her chair swivel around and Sean's hard yet beautiful eyes staring at her. Each of his hands were on both sides of her armrest, with his face a couple of inches away from her.

"Keira!" He hissed. "I know you're upset with me, but don't ignore me!"

"I didn't ignore you," she countered.

"I was waiting to say this to you on our way home bu-"

"On our way home?" She exclaimed.

"Keira, don't interrupt me! Please!" He grumbled.

She didn't understand why he was so mad. Shouldn't she be the one yelling in his face and telling him how mad she was? For him and her father to actually force her to marry him. Shouldn't she be the one to yell and scream at the top of her lungs and explain to him how suffocated she felt because he would watch her every move? But at the same time she was confused because he wasn't just trying to protect her but the baby as well.

"I was waiting to say this until- yes, WE got home but I guess it can't because your being so disrespectful to me."

Keira began to get up from her chair causing Sean to back up. "I'm being disrespectful? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?" She pointed an accusing finger at him. "You come into my office, yell at me, then accuse me of being disrespectful to a subordinate! You have some ner-" Keira never finished ranting. Sean cut her off by pushing her waist against her desk.