Chapter 19- Drama, Shocks, & Kicks! {Edited}

Keira sat down next to her best friend and rubbed her back. Being there for her was more important right now than have sex with Sean but of course he beg to differ. She loved Lacey but she knew that it was going to be difficult to talk to her when she was crying so Keira continued to support her and give her tissues to blow her runny nose. There was a point in time where Keira and also Sean was getting worried when her crying turned into heavy sobs, but when it all died down, Lacey was finally ready to talk.

“What happened?” Keira sadly asked.

Lacey looked up at Keira and began to cry once again. “I-I’m g-going to d-die alonee!” She whimpered.

Sean shook his head and began to laugh causing Lacey to stop crying and Keira to glare at him. “You’re crying over a man?” He asked. “There’s plenty more fish in the sea.”

“Shut up!” The girls yelled in unison.

Sean just raised his hands in defeat and left the room to give them some privacy. All he wanted to do was help and he gets screamed at for it. That was going to be the last time he would help a damsel in distress.

“Why are you going to die alone?” Keira questioned.

“Daniel still hasn’t called me back, Keira,” she answered. “I thought he was the one! I mean, yes, I meet him in a nightclub and made out with him considering at the time he was a complete stranger, but we had a connection. We talked all night and into the wee hours of the morning. He had to be interested if he was talking to a tipsy female, right?”

“Aw Lacey, forreal?” Keira whined. “Clearly this guy is a jackass because its been five months since you last talk to him. I think it’s time for you to move on and if you cross each others paths then you deal with it then but other than that I think you should just let him go. One thing I know about you is that you are not desperate and you're acting like it when your're the main one that hates desperate woman.”

Lacey sat back and listen to Keira’s advice. It was in fact, time for her to move on. She glanced at her and narrowed her eyes. “When did you become so wise?” Lacey question, while wiping her nose on a used tissue.

Keira sighed. “You are so dramatic!” She claimed. “I thought something was actually wrong with you or someone was at least dieing! You’re going to be okay Lacey. You’ll find a tall, dark and most definitely handsome guy any day now. Just give the process some time.”

She stood up and took Laceys hand and dragged her to the Kitchen where they found Sean cooking.

“But I don’t want a tall dark and handsome guy, I want Daniel,” Lacey cried.

Keira walked over to the cabinets to find two glass cups and went the refrigerator, finding a pitcher of fresh lemonade. “You need to let it go Lacey or all the good men you find are going to pass you by,” she explained pouring the lemonade into the glasses. “How do we have food in the house when we wasn’t here?” She asked Sean, changing the subject.

“I came by and stocked up for you guys,” Lacey said.

“How did you know I was moving in the Sean?” Keira asked.

“I asked her to move your stuff from your old house to here,” Sean explained.

Keira looked between Sean and Lacey. “So you knew about this all along!” She shouted in surprised. Keira was surprised because you couldn’t tell anything to Lacey and she would be quite about it. It just didn’t work that way.

Lacey shrugged. “Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, ‘Lacey can’t hold hot water,’” she continued.

“You can’t,” Keira agreed.

“Yeah, whatever,” Lacey groaned. “When are you coming back to work?”

Sean glanced up at Lacey and then back at Keira. He knew that was a sensitive topic for her so he decided to stay out of this conversation and just listen until his name was mention. He purposely didn’t speak of it because they were trying to avoid anything that had to do with her father since he still didn’t approve of their relationship and how they decided to live their lives together. If he found out that they were living together, or what the old folks say, ‘shacking up’, then it would absolutely be World War III and Sean would be six feet under.

“I quit,” Keira said simply. Frankly, she didn’t want to discuss her and her father’s argument and she of course tried to understand the fact that sooner or later she would have to but she refused. Knowing Lacey she didn't care.

"Yeah, right," she stated in disbelief. "You love that job with every fiber of your being! Plus you can't quit! You quitting is like no Bugs Bunny. Looney Tunes would be nothing! We are nothing without you hun," she claimed.

Sean chuckled while Keira smiled in amusement. "You and your analogies," she replied. "Look, Black Diamond is going to be just fine without me," she reassured Lacey. " It's not like my dad isn't there."

Lacey snorted. "That man has been grumpy and acting like a tyrant ever since you left," she added. "Going in and out of everyone's office ranting and raving about how unorganized we are and its all your fault. He fired Karen saying she wasn't doing her job properly and she says she's going to sue," Lacey carried on, "He tried to bring the drama my way but I wasn't having it and walked away."

Keira shook her head. "Karen is one of Black Diamond's best celebrity interviewers."

"My point exactly. You need to come back KiKi," Lacey practically begged.

“There’s no need,” Keira mumbled. “Sean is going back to work tomorrow and everything will be under control.”

“Oh no I’m not,” Sean chimed in.

Keira scrunched up her eyebrows. “What do you mean you're not going back to-”

“Oh no, I’m going back to work,” Sean interrupted. “I’m just not going to go against your father.”

“Why not?”

“Because, he is your father,” Sean said. “I want him to like me not hate me, and going against your father would just make things worst.”

Sean would be a dumbass to go up to Keira’s father and go against him as far as the business side. If he wanted to yell and scream in the office and make demands, then that was fine. If there was something that Sean knew he was wrong for, like firing Karen for no reason, then he would speak on it. Of course when it came to disrespecting Keira he would always be by her side. She was the love of his life so no man, father or not, would talk down or be rude to her. He wasn’t going to let that happen at all. 

He passed Lacey and Keira a plate that had a turkey sandwich and some potato chips. Keira was going to sit down but dropped her plate sending all its contents to the floor and clutched her stomach in shock. They were at her side at once. Sean, himself, was becoming overwhelmed because Keira wasn’t saying anything. She continued to look down at her stomach and put her hand over it.

“What’s wrong?” Sean asked.

Lacey was waiting on her to say that she was okay, but if she wasn’t they were going to go straight to the hospital and see if she was.

“The baby kicked,” Keira said, barely above a whisper that Sean had to ask again. “The baby kicked!”

Sean eyes widen. “He kicked?” He exclaimed. 

Looking at her stomach, he got down on her knees and replace her hand with his. He waited for his little man to give him some response and sure enough, the baby kick with much force. Keira winced, but she could careless about the sudden pain. Her baby kicked! It was too much excitement that she couldn’t stop a tear of joy slipping from the rim of her eye. As she looked down at Sean who had the face expression of a loving and excited father,  it was two thing that she knew.

That they were going to be a family and he would always be by her side in need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Was suppose to update tomorrow but I decided to give it to you a little bit early. Short but it's ok:). I'll try to update the next chapter about a week from today if not sooner. That's a promise and we all know I don't promise anything lol. But again in all depends on my schedule so maybe it's not a good idea to promise you guys huh? * shrugs* lol

Hope you guys like the new chapter though.

Tell me your thoughts on Lacey being so dramatic or do you think she's just someone who fell in love fast?

What about Keira deciding not to go back to Black Diamond Magazine?

Or her father becoming a dictator around the office?

Let me know!! :)

Please Comment

Vote

&& Fan;)

~Vicky xoxo