Chapter Six

Lily's POV

I've been waiting in the hospital room what felt like months, but it's been 3 days and finally I start to see Emily opening her eyes, I pressed the buzzer for the doctors to come in. I grab Emily's hand and hold it tight.
"Hello Emily, I'm doctor lee, do you remember anything at all"
She starts looking around and she looks very confused.
"Huh what, no I don't really remember anything, I remember pulling out a bottle of vodka out of my fridge and then going out to a bar but that's it" she's still looking around then notices me
"Lily what's going on?" She starts to get scared
I give her a small hug. "It's okay babe, I'm here with you".

Emily's POV

I woke up in a hospital bed with cords all around me and drips attached to my arms, I look down at one of my hands that have a cord attached and noticed that all my cuts are showing, I quickly look at lily and she gives me a look to say "I know" I start to cry.
"Doctor lee, when can I get out of here" I sniff
"You can go in a couple of hours, you've been in here for 3 days Emily" I open my eyes wide "WHAT"
"If you would like to leave, you have to sign a form to say that you WILL go see a therapist once a week for the next 3 weeks, can you do that"
"Yes I can please just let me go" I start crying again.
"A couple more hours and you can go Emily" he says and leaves.

Demi's POV

Lily text a few people from the label and said that her and Emily won't be in for a few days as Emily has been admitted to hospital, I've been so worried I haven't been able to eat or sleep, lily said she would text me when Emily woke up and she did. I got a text 20minues ago, so I get in my car and drive to the hospital, she may not want to see me but I care about her.

I walk into the hospital room and Emily has her head buried in Lily's chest.
"Babe there's someone here to see you, please don't get mad but she told me what happened"
Emily looks up and she starts to cry even more "LILY WHY, I DON'T WANT TO SEE HER" my heart dropped. Lily whispers something Into her ear. "Fine but only for five minutes then you come back, promise me lily" she winks at me and leaves the room.

Emily's POV

Lily whispered something in my ear "you may not want to see her now but Emily I knew from the minute you laid eyes on her you fell for her, you haven't cooked a proper meal since your parents passed until she came over and she told me what you cooked her, you don't so that for just anyone". She was right, I fell for Demi but she is the reason for this, she's the reason I went out and got absolutely wasted, she's the reason I got with another girl that basically left me for dead anyway.

Demi: "how are you feeling?"
Emily: "fine"
Demi "okay you can be blunt with me Emily, but I care about you, I really do.. it's just hard for me."
Emily: "okay, yeah you care so much that you ran away over absolutely nothing" "I was stupid to even think I liked you Demi.
Demi: "you like me?"
Emily "LIKED AS A FRIEND but that's past tense." Demi cleared her throat.
Demi: "that kiss meant something to me, I ran away because I was scared, I've been into girls for a while now but I know it would never be accepted by my family thus the reason I've never told anyone, I ran because I've never kissed a girl before. I care about you Emily, if you don't want me too then that's completely fine it won't stop me. I guess my 5 minutes is up now, cya Emily."

Demi walked out of the room and lily walked in
"Lily I have a big favour to ask you" I give her a sad look
"Depends what it is" she winks at me; she always knows how to make me laugh with her smartarse attitude.
"No for real, can you please take my place as CEO for a few weeks, I think I want to go visit my aunt in Australia, please."
"I'm going to miss you, but getting away for a few weeks will probably do you good, of course I will, now let's get you up and let's go home"

I felt so guilty putting lily through all of this, now she knows.. I self harm and drink myself stupid and she's definitely not going to let it go this easily, I know I have explaining to do.

We get home and I see all these suit cases in the living room. "Uhh what's all this?" I asked lily.
"Haha oh Emily, you're my best friend, you are literally apart of my soul and when I saw what I saw in the hospital, I knew there was only one thing to do to make sure apart of my soul would never leave me" I look at her confused.
"I'm moving in Emily and no you don't get a choice so don't even try to argue with me" honestly I couldn't be any more happier, I've always wanted to ask her to move in but I know her and her parents are extremely close. I wrap her in a big hug and twirl her around "I couldn't be anymore happier then to have my best friend live with me, no arguments here" I have never been happier.

Published on the 1st of March 2020