Chapter Four

It has been 2 weeks since Demi Lovato signed with Emily's recording company and this have been going really well..

Demi's POV

Everything is going great, since joining rise up records. My head has been in such a good place.. even though Wilmer and I broke up after I signed the contracts, I guess we just don't really have enough time for each other, we are still really good friends though. I seen on TMZ that he is seeing someone else and for some reason.. I don't care all I can think about is wanting to hang out with Emily, she seems really awesome. I might give Emily a text actually since I now have her number.
D. Hey so I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out or something?
E. Umm yeah sure when? And what did you have in mind?
D. Anything, I just want to hang out with you, maybe a movie at your place?
E. Uhh yeah sure, I can cook us dinner if you want?
- with all these umms and Uhhs I was under the impression that she didn't want me around at all and it hurt me so much more then it should of. I text her back.
D. If you're too busy that's okay, I'll just go to Marissas.
E. No no, I'm already prepping dinner, come over when you want.. if you want.
D. What's the address?
E. 1573 sunset plaza road.
D. Oh that's just around the corner from me, I'll be there in 10 minutes.
E. See you soon.
I get in my car and drive there, my jaw completely drops... her house is huge, it is absolutely beautiful. I think she mentioned she lived by herself when we were introducing ourselves; this house is massive for one person.

I knock on the door; and all of a sudden I get nervous, I don't understand why I'm feeling like this around Emily

Emily's POV

I hear a knock on the door. "Well hello miss Demi, come in.. dinner is almost done" I give her a big grin. The last time I cooked and used the kitchen was when my parents were still alive.. I honestly felt so happy she wanted to hang out, Lily has been too busy with her new boyfriend Liam lately I only ever see her at work now.
"Hello Emily, it smells absolutely Devine" she follows me into the kitchen.

Demi's POV

Wow her smile is absolutely stunning, she opens the draw and pulls out a small spoon.
"Open your mouth and close your eyes" she puts the spoon full of food into my mouth and I let out a little moan "oh my god Emily this is amazing! What is it?!"
"Well Demi, that's a secret, it's a family dish" she gives me a small wink and I laugh at her
"Oh fine then! Okay let's eat I want more!" She let's out this cute laugh and I feel myself blush. What is going on with me why am I feeling like this.
"Thank you for letting me come around tonight, I was feeling a little lonely and just wanted to be with a friend"

Emily's POV

Wow did she just call me a friend, I have 11 people signed up with me and not one of them have ever called me their friend.. it kind of feels nice. "You're more then welcome Demi, let's go watch a movie, your choice" she jumps on the couch like a little girl and I can't help but laugh and she gives me a cute grin... damn this girl is cute.. no stop it Emily she's straight and you work with her STOPPP ITTT. Demi finally picks a movie and of course.. the conjuring.. did I mention I hate scary movies. I tense up and she notices, I try and play it cool.

Demi's POV

I noticed Emily tense up when the movie started, I let out a small laugh but kind of felt bad, I mean I love scary movies. "We can change it if you want" I give her a reassuring smile. "No no it's cool, I'm good let's watch" she gives me that cute little smile.
As it gets to 30 mins into the movie I notice her tensing up again so I move closer to her and hold her hand "it's okay Emily, it's just a movie nothing will happen to you" she looks up at me and locks on to my eyes and before I know it I'm leaning in for a kiss.
"Woah Demi settle down" well that kinda hurt.
"I'm so sorry Emily, Wilmer and I broke up and I seen him with some girl on tmz I don't know what came over me" I lied but truely i don't know what I was doing.
"Hey, it's okay.." she leans in and kisses me on the lips. "Sometimes experimenting isn't all that bad especially after a breakup" I feel myself blush again. She grabs my hand "Demi I won't tell anyone i promise" I just give her a small smile. "Thank you, I have to go bye" I run out the door.

Emily's POV

Well that was weird, I mean she tried to kiss me first why would she just ditch like that, it's not my fault she's confused. I felt extremely hurt that she ran out without saying barely a word. Great now I have to face her tomorrow at work.. this is going to be interesting.

—THE NEXT DAY—

Lily didn't come in to work today, she had a "busy" night with her boyfriend. That's okay though she's allowed to have time off, as I said this company is hers as much as it is mine. Demi was running late so I go into the recording room and have a little bit of a play around, I grab my guitar and I sing whatever comes into my head.
"I kissed you, yeah I kissed you,
But you ran away, and you didn't say a thing.. oooh yeah"
"It was a mistake and I should never of kissed you that way mmmhmm"
"I won't try it again, because you'll only ever be a friend mmm yeah yeah"
I open my eyes and my jaw drops Demi was standing there listening to the whole thing, oh well.. I'm just playing around after all.. I love singing and I love writing music.
She grabs my arm and pulls me away.
D. "You can sing? Why didn't you ever say anything" I shrug my shoulders
E. "I dunno, I didn't think it mattered, after all I couldn't have told you because I can't talk to someone that runs away" I give a smartarse smile. "Sorry but that was rude, it was a mistake, saying yes to you was a mistake, I should of just told you not to come over... I have a boyfriend Demi, I kiss girls all the time it's nothing serious. From now on this friendship or whatever it is doesn't exist, strictly work from now on." She looked at me shocked and then really sad.

Published on the 1st of March 2020