Chapter Eight

Sorry but I'm gonna time jump the trip to Australia xox

Emily's POV

After telling my Aunty and uncle absolutely everything, they tried to keep it together. I told them I don't want any sympathy because it'll just make things worse and they agreed to it and tried their best to not mention it again. My Aunty text Lily and told her to look after me, of course I know this because I looked on my aunts phone and seen it.
"Okay, i better get back home now, the plane is boarding" I say to my Aunty that dropped me off, my uncle had work so unfortunately he couldn't come.
"Emily, i love you and I hope you have a safe trip home, and please -she looks at me with sad eyes- please Emily, if you ever need anything, or need someone I will be on the next flight" she wasn't joking.
"I will be okay, I have lily, and yes I promise if I need I will call you right away, thank you so much for having me I love you."

Lily picks me up from the airport and now we are in the car driving home and she was so silent so I decided to break it.
"Okay lily listen, I've been having a really hard time coping with mum and dads death, this record company is driving me insane because I hardly know what I'm doing, I wasn't ready for it. I've tried so hard to overcome all my feelings but I just can't. I don't talk to you about it because I don't want to place a burden on you. I tried going to therapy and it just made it so much worse for me. I'm sorry I should have spoken to you, I'm sorry I'm such a screw up and I'm so sorry that I hurt you." I start crying
Lily clears her clogged throat and I can see that she's trying to stop tears too.
"Emily, you don't need to be sorry, I love you more then you could ever imagine, yes I'm a little hurt that you didn't come to me but that's okay, I know now and I'm here.. and don't blame me when I'm always checking on your making sure you're okay because honestly I don't know what I would do without you."
She's always been there for me, I just don't really know how to express myself and talk to people.
We get home and I race up stairs lily follows
Lily: "whats the rush? why are you putting on makeup?"
Emily: "I told Dylan I would go see him when I got back, I need to rebuild with him lily."
Lily: "Okay, well I'm just going to say one thing and then I'll leave you to it... you don't love him anymore Emily, you haven't for a while, I can see it."
She walks out and goes downstairs.. I know I've lost all feeling for him, but I can't just drop him out of my life, his helped me more then anyone could ever imagine... I just don't know what to do anymore.

For the readers:

Sorry I'm not sure if people are still reading but with this virus going around I've been super busy with work (I work in retail)
Love you all, and I hope you all stay safe ❤️