pot'o gold

I walk down the halls with my head down, I was bored as I had a free period and had nothing to do since all my friends were in classes at the moment.

I was nearing Brittany's locker when I heard someone get slammed in the lockers, "Go back to Mexico." I looked up to see the hockey players shoving some kid into the lockers and walking away.

I quickly rushes over to the boy and helped him out, "Are you okay?"

He slightly smiled and nods, "Yeah, Thank you." He tells me in his thick Irish accent, I giggle slightly, "I'm Abby, Abby Hudson." I reach out my hand for him to shake.

He smiles and shakes my hand, "Rory Flanagan."

As we let go of each other's hands, I take a closer look at him, he's a very cute Irish with soft hair and beautiful eyes.

I snap out of my thought and smile at him, "don't worry about those jerks, they think they own the school now. Pay no attention to them otherwise their ego will grow bigger, as will their heads." Rory laughs slightly and my cheeks turn red.

"So what're doing at Brittany's locker?" I ask confusingly, leaning against it.

"Oh, I'm living with her. I'm a transfer from Ireland, so her family took me in. Between you and me, she thinks I'm a leprechaun." I giggle at Rory's sentence.

"Gotta say, I'm not surprised. I can understand how she believes that, but it's Brittany so it's not unusual." I shrug, smiling. Rory smiles as well.

"She just wished for me to make her a box of lucky charms, with only marshmallows."

I chuckle, "Between you and me, I'd do the same." I pat his arm as I turn to leave, "See you around, Leprechaun boy." I jokingly say as I walk away.

Maybe focusing a little time on boys this year will be okay.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

I stand at my locker as I grab the things I need, a few lockers down I see Mercedes approach Santana. I look at them confused and slowly approach them, and hide behind a corner to eavesdrop.

"Hi, Santana. How many solos did you get
in Glee Club last year?" I hear Mercedes asks, why does she care?

"A few." Santana answers, Mercedes rolls her eyes, "One: "Valerie. " And I loved it."

"I was also the lips in Rocky Horror." Santana says, closing her locker. "Listen, if you and I were in Shelby's group, we'd get all the solos and the duets.
Our voices sound amazing together. Plus, it's an all-girl group." Mercedes tries to convince her.

"Why would I care about all-girl?" Santana says back defensively, "It's all lady power all the time. I mean, Shelby's a great teacher. I'm... I'm hitting notes I didn't even know existed. She gets me...what I have to give. It feels good." Mercedes explains, as they link arms and start walking.

I slowly and carefully trail behind them, making sure not to be seen, I look next to me to see Finn doing the same, we both share confused looks.

"You know, honestly, I wish I could, but... somebody's got to look out for Brittany. I mean, that special place where she lives, yeah, it's beautiful, but...someone's got to help her cross the street. I could never just leave her." Santana explains, frowning.