asian f

"Five, six...seven, eight." I count down as the booty camp group do their routine, Mercedes suddenly was in, late.

"You're late." Mr Schue tells her unhappy, "I know. I overslept." She said, walking towards us.

"It's 4:30 in the afternoon." Quinn said confusingly, Mercedes rolls her eyes, "My alarm clock went off 30 minutes late this morning. Kind of shifted my whole schedule. Anyway, what's Santana doing here?"

"I've re-sworn my allegiance to the Glee Club, without telling Coach Sue." Santana explains, shrugging. "Mercedes, I'll catch you up. Five, six, seven. Five, six..." Mike tells her, Mike and Mercedes begin to dance. Suddenly Mercedes runs over to the trash can.

"Mercedes, you okay?" Mr Schue rushes over, "My stomach hurts. I think I'm gonna be sick." She groans, leaning over the can. I roll my eyes, "Why are you babying her? I mean, she can't do three steps without puking 'cause she ate at Quizno's before she showed up in this joint." I scoffed.

"Mr. Shue, you have us scheduled to the second right now. With school, Glee Club and Booty Camp, when else am I supposed to eat?" I laugh dryly at her, "When the rest of us do." I say in a duh tone.

"Oh, like you eat!" She snaps at me, I just roll my eyes and scoff.

"It's not about eating. It's about attitude. Sectionals are coming up, and if we don't give it our all..." Mercedes cuts Mr Schue off,  "I am doing my best."

"No, you're not. It's not about doing your best anymore. It's about doing better."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"With only two days left for people to announce their candidacy, that leaves me and Brittany running in this race. Which is more like me running, and you know, Brittany just whimsically hopping and skipping nearby. No one takes her seriously." I stand with Kurt and Rachel as they hand out badges with Kurt's face on them, I stand in between them leaning in the lockers.

"That's so amazing, Kurt. I mean, you can practically add the moniker of "President" to your curriculum vitae now. NYADA is gonna eat that up." They pause and lean against the lockers next to me.

"According to the new Jacob Ben Israel straw poll– he attempts to hand a campaign pin to a student, who refuses it, "here, take one take one, take... Okay. Um, according to the soft numbers, I'm ahead by Brit by 11%." Kurt explains, "Really?" I ask shocked.

"This could be a cakewalk." Kurt says, Rachel squeals as Santana and Brittany come up to us.

"Nice blouse, Hummel. Really brings out the color of your pink eye." Santana mocks, "So, I assume I can rely on your vote, Rachel." Brittany turns to her.

"I'm sorry, Brittany, but I've already pledged my fidelity to Kurt." Rachel tells her proudly, she looks at me and I shrug, not wanting to get into it.

"Oh, so you're cool with flushing McKinley High's future down the magical poop-stealing water chair?" Brittany states.

"Did you know that in six years at this school, we've only exclusively had male student council presidents? And yeah, Kurt looks like Jimmy Fallon's butch daughter, but a vote for him would only empower yet another frank and beans." Santana informs.

"Yes. Where has that patriarchy gotten us? Double-digit inflation, economic freefall, oil spills, war in Afghanistan." Brittany shrugs, "I tweeted about Britt's flash mob pep rally in the gym, 248 and we're all showing up to support her with girl power." Santana says.

"Yes, boys have made one helluva mess in this school, and there's only one way to clean it up." The two smirk at me as I smile, I'm always ready for a performance.