Chapter 3- Sicken.

This was the day. The man couldn’t live with Bailey for another day. He’d never had a child in his house for more than a day without killing them. And on top of that, police were searching for her, so he didn’t want to get involved with the authorities. He grabbed his knife on the side of his bed, and looked next to him, but Bailey wasn’t there.

“Little girl!” The man shouted. “Where are you?”

“I downstairs.” Bailey yelled in her baby voice.

The man had walked downstairs with the knife, and seen Bailey eating the leftover steak that she left on the counter. She didn’t know that she could get sick from it, but she didn’t care. She nibbled on the ice cold piece of meat, as the man slowly walked up to her. He pulled out the knife out from his back, before Bailey giggled at him with a mouth full of food, and squinted her eyes at him.

“Wanna see a magic twick?” She said as food fell out of her mouth, pulling out a dime she’d found on the floor.

“Sure. And hurry up!” The man growled in frustration, as he sat in the chair.

Bailey then showed him the coin in her right hand, rubbed it up against her chest, and showed both of her hands. The dime was in her left hand. And not seeing much, the man was impressed.

“How’d you do that?” The man said, clapping and smiling.

“Secret.” Bailey giggled. “I like to do dis for fun. What do you like to do for fun?”

“What do I like to do for fun?” The man said getting excited, grabbing her hand and leading her towards the door. “Come on. I’ll show you.”

But as he made his way towards the door, he’d seen a man, woman, four police officers, and some people of the community walking down the sidewalk. He quickly froze, as Bailey came to a quick stop.

“Wats wrong?” Bailey asked.

The man ignored her. He ran to his window, and peeked outside. He seen people putting up “Find Bailey” posters. He realized, that those were Bailey’s parents looking for her along with the four cops who were investigating her disappearance. Bailey had hopped on the couch, and peeked out of the window and seen her parents.

“Mommy! Daddy!!” Bailey yelled as she headed for the door. The man ran in front of her, and picked her up as he looked her in the face.

“Hey!” The man yelled. “Listen to me. You cannot leave this house until I say so. Okay? Not until the night time.”

“Why?” She asked.

“Because, uh…they’re looking for the daytime monster!” The man said, making up a story. “Mommy and daddy wanted me to tell you that you cant go out there until they catch them. They don’t want you to get hurt.”

“But, what if mommy and daddy get ate by da monster?” Bailey said, looking at him.

“They won’t! They only eat little kids! And your mom and dad wants to find them so they can kill him, and then you’ll be able to go home with them. Okay?” Joe said, looking at her. She nodded her head, as he sat her down.

“Well, are we still leaving?”

“No. Not until the nighttime.”

“Otay.”

Baileys parents had been looking for her for the 10 days, and still didn’t have a clue where she was. Some people of the community had decided to join, but as the sun began to go down, some of them had to return home to their own family.