Epilogue

2 Years Later

I was humming little Robert to sleep while walking back and forth, rocking him in my arms. All of a sudden I felt a pair of hands wrap themselves around my waist.

“Hi, Princess,” said an exhausted sounding Luke from behind me as he rested his chin on my shoulder after kissing my cheek.

“How did rehearsals go?” I asked still rocking little Robbie.

“It was alright. Just really exhausting.” He sighed. “Look at our little Robert James. He looks like me don’t you think?”

“Yes, he has the same ugly nose as his father.” I laughed as Luke huffed. “I’m just kidding” I stopped laughing once I heard Luke snoring, his chin still resting on my shoulder. “LUKE!” I yelled making him burst out laughing, instantly regretting it as I felt Robbie stirring in my arms. I grabbed Luke’s hand with my free hand and walked upstairs. I placed Robbie on his bed in his room and walked with Luke to our room.

“I’m so tired.” Luke whined, pouting like a five year old, his face all sweaty and tired looking.

“Luke, we have a son who’s almost a year old and you go acting like the baby in this house.” I said rolling my eyes making him chuckle.

“I’ll always be your baby though, right?” he asked cheekily pulling me to him.

“Nope! Robert is my baby now.” I said poking his cheek before playing with his hair as his arms wrapped themselves around my waist pulling me in so there was no gap between us.

We were in this position six years ago when we were 18 and now we’re back here six years later when we’re both 24. Time sure flies. I thought.

“Sweetheart, I’m Robert.” He said winking.

“I meant Robert junior.” I poked my tongue out at him.

“Fine! Go, I don’t like you.” He said pouting again, but not letting go of me either.

“Then let go of me so I can leave.” I smirked raising an eyebrow.

“That’s not an option.” He said seriously.

“You asked me to leave you idiot.” I smacked his shoulder playfully, giggling.

“I’m sorry.” He said burying his face in the space between my neck and shoulder – a favorite spot of his. “I love you, Princess.” His muffled voice said.

“Ew. Sweat.” I said scrunching my nose. This was apparently the wrong thing to say since Luke started moving his face around getting his sweat all over my neck and jaw line, making me squeal.

“Move you disgusting little boy.” I said trying to push him away to no avail.

“Ha!” Luke scoffed. “I wonder who’s little!” he said his face still buried in my neck. “And I’m not disgusting.” He said ‘disgusting’ while getting more sweat onto my neck.

“Luukkeee.” I whined. “Stop it!” I pouted.

“Only if you say you love me.” He stated.

“But I don’t!” I gasped. “How can I tell such a lie? It’s a sin!”

“Oh please.” He said sarcastically and lifted his head up staring right into my eyes.  “Go on. I’m waiting.” He said raising an eyebrow with the biggest grin on his face.

“Nope!” I shook my head.

He leaned down – inching closer and closer towards my face – his eyes flicking from my eyes to my lips and back, making my heart hammer in my chest. His face made its way to my ear instead, and he whispered in a low voice that sent chills down my back, “Say it.” Tease! I thought.

“I love you too.” I said gulping.

“Hm?” he asked stepping back waiting for me to repeat it.

I rolled my eyes and said “I love you too, Handsome,” making his grin broaden and dimples pop.

10 Years Later

“Ew!” said Robert, covering his eyes as he walked into the kitchen just as Luke pecked my lips, making me giggle. “That’s gross!”

“Sorry sweetie.”  I said ruffling his hair as he pushed my hand away and frowned.

“I’m not sweet.” He said.

“Believe it or not, buddy, you are.” chuckled Luke bending down and giving Robert a tight hug as he tried to squirm away.

“No! But, dad, will I ever grow as tall as you?” he asked curiously, his eyes wide. He had gotten Luke’s gorgeous blue eyes and my brown hair. He even had Luke’s cute little nose.

“You have to buddy, or I’m disowning you,” joked Luke. But little Robert, not realizing his dad was joking, looked sad as his lower lip started to tremble.

“Daddy’s only kidding sweetheart.” I said smacking Luke. “You’re not going to be disowned.” I shot Luke a glare.

“Of course you’re not! I’m just kidding buddy.” chuckled Luke, ruffling Robert’s hair before carrying him and placing him onto his shoulders. “Now let’s go to the park!”

“Park! Park! Park!” chanted Robert pumping his fist.

-

We were at the park – the park where Luke first asked me to be his girlfriend. Memories rushed back to me filling me with happiness as I watched Luke and Robert playing on the swings, their happy laughter drifting towards me. We both had come a long way, a very long way. Life can be so unexpected; you never know what will happen next. Meeting Luke was something I wouldn’t give up for the world.  

“And Luke, please keep my daughter happy. She loves you very much. Don’t do to her what her father did to me. Promise me you’ll be with her through her highs and lows. Promise me you will take care of her. Promise?” that’s what mom had asked Luke in her letter. He had promised then and there, even though she wasn’t around. He stuck to his word when he could’ve easily just got up and gone. I love him with all my being. I closed my eyes, feeling the cool breeze against my face, and took a deep breath.

This life is wonderful. I thought a smile forming on my lips. This is what happens when two worlds collide.

Author's Note: AND IT'S DONE! I cannot believe i finished something oh my god! I cannot believe i have 1.3K reads on this. i didn't think anyone would read this! This is the first time i'm letting anyone read what i've written and the feedback i got was unexpected! Thank you all so much to whoever read this and kept up with my weirdness! 

I also started a new Luke a.u (called Therapy), well because i have nothing better to do with my life xD be sure to check it out! ^^ Love you all! x

- Pooji