Chapter 3

“Mmf. Gef off me fluke.” I mumbled into the sofa while Luke was squashing my face into the pillows.

“Not unless you agree!” he said but let go of me anyway.

“But I want to watch Frozen first!” I said pouting and sitting upright.

“No we’re watching mean girls and the decision is final. Majority wins.” Said Luke getting up from the couch to go play the DVD.

“And who’s the majority exactly? It’s just you and me.” I asked raising my eyebrow.

“I’m the majority because I’m way taller than you.” Said Luke poking his tongue out at me after inserting the DVD.

“Pfft. Some majority” I said rolling my eyes.

Luke grinned and sat down next to me and pressed play on the remote control.

“Yayy! MEAN GIRLS MEAN GIRLS MEAN GIRLS!” he chanted.

“You’re way too into this chick flick being a guy. You know that don’t you?” I asked him mockingly.

“I don’t care.” He said pulling me into him as I put my legs up on the couch. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as I leaned my head on his shoulder. Comfy.

We were watching the scene where Cady meets the plastics in the cafeteria for the first time.

Karen: If you're from Africa, why are you white? 
Gretchen: Oh my God, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white.

Luke burst out giggling. “Oh my god, Luke you startled me.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Sorry. Favorite scene.” He chuckled pulling me in closer.

I looked up at him and examined his face. He was gazing so intensely at the TV that he looked so cute.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” He said smirking.

“Oh please.” I said punching his chest playfully making him laugh.

-

The next day I decided to hang out with my best friends Miranda, Veronica and Ally. I wanted to fill them in on Luke and I knew I wouldn’t hear the end of it but still, they were my best friends so I thought of going through with it anyway. We decided to meet at the café where we usually hung out. As I entered the café I found out that I was the last one to get there. Veronica spotted me and jumped from the booth she was sitting in with the other two. “You’re here!” she squealed.

I looked behind me then back at her and pointed a finger at my chest, tilting my head to one side, looking all confused. “Gab. Did you forget your best friends over the weekend?” Veronica asked rolling her eyes.

“Just messing with ya!” I said laughing and running over to her for a hug. “Miranda! Ally!” I exclaimed hugging each one in turn and sitting back down next to Veronica while Miranda and Ally sat facing us.

“What on earth have you been up to? How was your weekend?” asked Miranda.

“Lonely and depressing without us?” asked Ally.

“Well… I met someone if that’s what you’re looking for.” I said playing with the small table mat in front of me.

“What?!” all three of them exclaimed.

“Spill sweetheart.” Said Miranda.

Just as I was about to respond the waitress approached us. “May I take your order?” she asked.

“Four vanilla lattes and four slices of chocolate fudge cake please.” Said Ally  

“Got it.” Said the waitress writing down the orders and walking away.

“Watched any good movies lately?” I asked them with a huge fake grin plastered on my face.

“No way, Gab, nu-uh. You’re not getting out of this that easy. So spill.” Said Miranda.

“Fine.” I groaned. “So I met this guy called Luke at DVD4U and we started talking and he took me out to the movies to watch the conjuring. Can you believe that guy? The CONJURING! I told him I hated horror. Anyways yesterday he came over to my place and we watched a bunch of movies. And apparently his favorite movie is Mean Girls. Unbelievable, right?” I rambled on and finally paused to take a breath.

“Luke. What’s his last name? Is he cute?” asked Ally.

 “Hemmings. And yeah he’s well… really cute.” I said.

“Hemmings? Luke Hemmings? Tall, blonde, has a lip piercing and dimples? That Luke Hemmings?” asked Miranda with her eyes wide.

“Yeaah? Wait you know him?” I asked confused to where this was leading.

“Know him? KNOW HIM? Of course I know him! Who doesn’t? He’s part of the upcoming band 5 Seconds of Summer, Gab!” said Veronica.

“5 who? Wait you mean that band you made me listen to the other day?” I asked shocked.

“Yes! THAT BAND! You said the lead singer sounded hot. Well guess what, the lead singer is LUKE FRIGGIN HEMMINGS.” Miranda shrieked.

I was staring at her now, my eyes wide open and my mouth hanging. “No.” I managed to get out. “But he… he didn’t mention anything…”

“Maybe he didn’t want you to freak out. Or you know maybe he wanted to get to know you without you knowing he was famous.” Ally tried to reason.

“That makes sense. But I’m going to ask him about it though.” I said.

“You do that. But don’t try to accuse him or anything.” Said Miranda.

“I won’t. You know I won’t.” I said with a smile.

“Have you met the others? There are three more in the band.” Said Veronica.

“I saw three guys walking out of the store while I was inside before I met Luke. So maybe it was them.” I said thinking.

“Probably. My favorite’s Michael.” Said Veronica with a smirk.

“Mine’s Ashton.” Said Miranda with a mischievous grin.

“And mine’s Calum.” Piped up Ally. “And yours is obviously Luke.” She added.

We all started laughing and finished off our cakes and lattes that the waitress bought while I was telling my story.

“This was fun.” Said Ally.

“Sure was. See you guys soon? I have to go to pick my brother from his friend’s place.” Said Veronica.

“Yeah I have to head on home as well.” Said Miranda.

“Me too. I have a lot questions that need answers.” I said and hugged my friends good bye and went home. 

Author's Note: So is this good? Do you guys like it? :D Irregular updates so far but yeah I need to get this going first.  

- Pooji