Chapter 15

“Never thought I’d see the day when Gabriella Dawson would be dressed in something other than black.” Said Veronica smirking as she watched me struggling with my wedding dress. Yes, wedding dress! It was six months ago that Luke had proposed and I still couldn’t believe it. “Or should I say Gabriella Ann Hemmings.”

“Oh stop acting all dramatic.” I said trying to hide the fact that I was blushing. “I’ve worn other colors okay? Remember that yellow dress you forced me to wear once?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, yeah.” She said. She had been smiling widely for the past couple of hours and I was so glad to have her and the others with me.

“Found it!” Miranda exclaimed as she barged into the room along with Ally following behind her. “I swear it was like Nancy Drew on one of her mysteries finding this stupid bouquet.” She said letting out a deep breath as she placed the bouquet on the table gently. We were in a room at a hotel that was reserved for me to get ready in before the ceremony at the church. The hotel was right next to the church and we would be going there later for a celebration.

“Has anyone seen Luke?” I asked ignoring my friend’s usual rant.

“Yes. And as your best friend and bride’s maid, I can tell you that he looks hot.” She said smirking. “Like super hot. Just don’t tell Ashton I said that.” She said looking worried making the three of us laugh.

“Oh, I will.” I said winking at her. “I saw Ashton a while back. He looked pretty hot himself. Actually, all of them look pretty good!”

“Are we actually having cute boy talks at the age of 22 where one of us is getting married?” giggled Ally.

“Oh, I don’t think we’ll stop these talks even when we’re 80.” I said without doubt.

“Gah, my little baby’s all grown up!” said Miranda out of the blue with tears in her eyes as she walked over to me and held me in a tight embrace.

“Aw, Miranda! Don’t cry! Then I’ll cry and my makeup will be smudged and I’ll look like bridezilla.” I said making her chuckle and let go. She adjusted my veil and necklace before walking towards the mirror for her final check.

“You know, I actually like this dress.” She said fingering the hem of her cream colored bride’s maid dress that I picked out and the other two agreed.

“Hey, I picked it out after all.” I laughed.

-

We arrived at the church and were now standing outside the double doors which were closed.

“It’s time!” said Veronica running behind me to straighten out my veil and then making her way to the front.

“Gabriella, here!” said Ally handing me the while rose bouquet before standing in front of me.

“You ready for this?” asked Miranda hooking her arm with mine.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” I replied taking a deep breath. The doors opened and the music started.

It felt odd in a way walking down the aisle with no father beside you. Oh dad asked me to come live with him. And when I told him I was getting married he was more than ready to come but I told him not to. Rude of me, yes, but the image of mom lying dead on the floor kept haunting me and I couldn’t bear to see his face again. But then I had my friends whose friendship I will forever cherish. I love them to death.

I was so nervous walking down that aisle. I felt myself shaking and I looked up finally. Luke stood there looking as if he was in a daze, gazing at me with the widest smile I have ever seen him having on his face. Calum patted him on the back as he stood next to Luke. The three boys were his best men and they looked super excited. I wasn’t sure whether it was because their best friend, who was the youngest, was getting married or the fact that their girlfriends looked absolutely stunning.

After which felt like the longest walk of my life, I reached Luke. Miranda let go of my arm and stood beside me.

I turned to face Luke and he held both my hands in his.

“You look beautiful!” whispered Luke.

“You look beautiful yourself.” I joked as he clamped his lips. “You look handsome, Luke.” I whispered.

“Ready?” he asked looking nervous.

“Mhm.” I smiled widely despite the nerves.

We then turned to face the priest who smiled at us warmly before starting.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join together Luke Robert Hemmings and Gabriella Ann Dawson in holy matrimony.” said the priest. He then started going on and I was lost in my own thoughts thinking how much my life has changed. I was here marrying a guy who, if you told me I would be marrying him four years ago I wouldn’t have believed it.

“You may now exchange your vows.” I heard the priest say bringing me out of my thoughts.

 “I, Luke, take you, Gabriella, to be my wife. I promise to love and care for you, and I will try in every possible way to be worthy of your love. I will always be your biggest fan and ally in life. I will always be honest with you. But above all I promise to be a loyal and true friend to you. I love you.” He said, grinning lopsidedly after taking a deep breath. I thought his eyes looked a bit glazy and wondered whether he was crying.

“I, Gabriella, take you, Luke, to be my husband. I promise to love and care for you, and I will try in every possible way to be worthy of your love. I will always be your biggest fan and ally in life. I will always be honest with you. But above all I promise to be a loyal and true friend to you. I love you, Luke, more than I could ever put in words. And if I had to spend forever with someone, it would be you.” I said, smiling up at him as I felt tears of joy pricking my eyes.

“Can we have the rings please?” asked the priest and Miranda handed them over to us.

Luke slid the ring on to my finger and I slid the other one on to his.

“Luke, you may now kiss the bride,” said the priest with a smile.

Luke didn’t need any further approval as he pulled me in and crashed his lips onto mine, his arms snaking around my waist. I felt him smiling into the kiss as I did.

“Go Luke!” I heard Michael hoot and broke away from the kiss laughing.

“I love you, Luke.” I whispered as he rested his forehead against mine.

“And I love you, Gabriella.” He whispered back.

Author's Note: Writing the wedding part was complicated because I've never been to a christian wedding and I ended up googling how it all goes xD Ah well hope I've done alright though.

- This is the last chapter! Epilogue's done and on its way. My first fanfic and it's over! I hope you guys liked this! vote if you did please ^^ ily! 

- I have started a new Luke fanfic (it's an a.u) and it's very different from this! Hope you guys check it out! :D Pleassee! Okay, too many exclamation marks xD I'm done. Byeee.

- Pooji