Chapter 1

"Mom! MOM!" I yelled while coming downstairs. I was on my way to the video store to get some movies. It was Friday and I was home for the weekend and didn't have anything to do. "Mom? Are you in here?" I asked while walking in to the kitchen. Empty. Where is she? I wondered. As I walked towards the fridge, I found a note saying "Gone out for dinner with friends. Will call soon. Your dinner is in the fridge. Love mom xx". That explains it! I thought rolling my eyes. I walked towards the front door and grabbed my coat and gloves. I was already wearing my black beanie and my favorite black sweater along with my favorite pair of black skinny jeans and black converse. Yeah I love black. 

I stepped out into the cold winter air. It was freezing. I could see my breath form small white clouds in front of my face. I locked the door and pocketed the keys in my huge brown coat's pocket and made my way down the road towards the video store that was just at the end of the road. A huge wind blew and a curl from my brown long hair escaped through the beanie and I tucked it back in. After 10 minutes of walking I reached the store. The shop's logo was lit up since it was getting kind of dark. The word DVD4U was flashing in neon orange. I entered it and heard the little ding of the bell on the door. It was one of my favorite places. 

As I entered the employee looked up and smiled at me. He was a 19 year old working part time to help with his college tuition. We were pretty good friends thanks to the amount of time I’ve spent in here. “Back again Gabriella?” he asked with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. He loved calling me by my complete name.

“Yes Thomas.” I said earning a glare from him. I knew how much he hated his full name. Everyone just calls him Tom. “You can’t get rid of me that easy!” I said wriggling my eyebrows, making both of us laugh. “Anyways I’m here to grab some movies for the weekend.”

“Oh in that case, you know where to go.” He said. I waved at him and walked over to the movie aisle.

I heard a lot of yelling and laughing coming from the other aisle. What the hell? I wondered. There weren’t all that many people crowded in this store most of the time and that’s the reason I loved it. I ignored them and went ahead browsing through the movies. After 5 minutes of searching I ended up grabbing Mean Girls, A Cinderella Story, The Fault in Our Stars, Letters to Juliet and Frozen. I went to the counter and handed them to Tom. I looked over to the door to see the backs of 3 tall guys dressed in black walking out while laughing and hitting each other. One had on a snapback, the one in the middle had a beanie on and the last one was wearing a bandana.

“Well here you go Gab.” Tom said handing over the bag containing the DVDs.

“Thanks Tom. See ya!” I said flashing him a smile and walking away.

As I was walking towards the door someone bumped into me so hard I almost fell sideways. I felt someone grip tightly onto my arm and pull me upright. “Shit. I’m so sorry.” Said the boy. He had a voice so deep it sent chills through me.

“It’s…” I said looking up into his eyes. They were so blue I felt myself drowning in them. He raised his eyebrow at me, a smirk forming on his lips that contained a black metal lip ring. “Umm… It’s alright.” I stammered. Holy shit he’s cute.

“Well then. My name’s Luke.” He said flashing a big smile showing off his dimples.

“Hi I’m Gabriella. Well most people call me Gab.” I replied with a smile. He was still holding onto my hand and I was getting chills. “Uhm…” I said looking down at our hands.

“Oh sorry” he said with a mischievous grin. “Well I gotta go now. It was nice bumping into you.”

“Yeah you too” I laughed walking past him out the door. Before I could reach the door someone grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me back. I was staring into those hypnotic blue eyes again. I raised my eyebrow at him.

“I uh well… here’s my number. Drop me a text maybe?” he asked handing me a slip of paper with a number and his name written hastily on it.

“Yeah, okay. Bye Luke.” I said grabbing the paper and walking out of the store with a silly grin on my face.

I walked home in a daze wondering about this specific boy Luke. His blond hair up in a quiff, dressed in black skinny jeans, a black nirvana t-shirt underneath a black jacket and black converse. He sure loves black. I thought to myself. I passed my house without even realizing it. I face palmed and walked back to my house, unlocked the door, walked in and locked it behind me. I walked straight up the stairs to my room, changed into sweats and a loose t-shirt and jumped onto my bed with my phone and the slip of paper in hand. I decided to send Luke a text.

To: Luke

Hi it’s me Gabriella. From the store DVD4U.

To: Gabriella

Hi there sweetheart. I wish you were here so we could cuddle and I couldhfnjsnfn //!”a

I stared at the text stunned not knowing what to reply and about a minute later I received another text.

OH MY GOD! I’m so sorry that was my IDIOTIC friend Michael.

To: Luke

Hahaha. For a minute there I thought you were going insane.

To: Gabriella                                  

Oh ha-ha.  How has your day been so far?

To: Luke

Well other than getting home nothing really.

To: Gabriella

I want to take you out tomorrow.

To: Luke

Where to?

To: Gabriella

The movies maybe?

To: Luke

I’m up for it! 

Author's Note: So this is my first fan fic :D Hope you guys like it so far ^_^ Check out the trailer i made for it on the side!

- Pooji