Chapter 8

The bus driver called out to us saying, “We’re here!” and I looked out to see us outside a hotel.

I was staring at the hotel gobsmacked. It looked really grand from the outside with ivory walls and balcony doors on each floor. Its name 5th Avenue was in big, gold cursive loopy, letters on top. It was still around 3 in the day so the words weren’t lit up with lights. After our entire luggage was taken down from the bus and placed near the entrance, a bellhop was called and asked to take our bags while we all trooped in.

The first thought that came to my mind was woah! I guess the other three thought so as well since small gasps escaped their mouths. And I thought the outside looked good. It was completely gorgeous inside to say the least. We were standing in the entrance hall where there was a great big crystal chandelier at the centre. The walls were covered with maroon wallpaper that had gold designs on it working well with the crystal chandelier that glowed gold and the maroon carpet.

The bellhop who brought in our bags told us to follow him upstairs and we did. He showed us to our rooms. The boys had booked only two rooms, one for them and one for us girls, since they didn’t want any of us to be separated and they were right next to each other. Each room had two king sized beds, a TV, a mini refrigerator packed with goodies, an attached bathroom, a balcony with a view of the city and a single red couch at the far end of the room. The walls and the floor tiles were ivory. Almost everything was ivory with touches of red peeping out from here and there.

 “We’re going to take nice long showers and get changed into something comfortable. Okay boys?” announced Veronica and made her way into the room and motioned for the rest of us to enter and we did.

“And we’ll do the same. See you girls soon!” said Michael.

“Yeah! See ya!” chorused Ashton and Calum.

“See you soon!” said Luke in a hurry since Veronica had started to close the door.

“You would think we’re leaving the country,” I giggled “with the way they were saying good bye.” Everyone started giggling. Ally whined, “I’m so exhausted!” and sunk down on to the couch.

“Me too!” agreed Miranda as she let herself fall onto the bed. “Who would’ve thought travelling in a bus would be this tiring?”

“It would be better if we get a nice long shower.” reasoned Veronica. “Who wants to go first?”

“I’ll go.” I volunteered as I stood up from the spot on the floor I was sitting on, groaning in the process. I rummaged through my suitcase and grabbed a comfy black hoodie and a pair of sweatpants, my towel and creams and made my way to the bathroom.

-

Two hours later everyone was feeling refreshed after showering. Each of grabbed a snickers bar from the mini refrigerator and stepped out of the room. As soon as Veronica locked the door behind us, the boys came out of their room and invited us in to watch a bunch of movies and hangout with them so we did. I ended up sitting on one of the king sized beds with Luke while Miranda and Ashton were on the other one. Michael and Veronica were on the floor at the foot of the bed I was on while Calum and Ally were all snuggled up on the couch which was shifted so it was facing the TV. We were watching the fault in our stars and all of the girls, and Michael as well, were feeling so emotional. I felt my eyes brimmed with tears but didn’t try to wipe them off in case Luke noticed. I was lying next to him with my head on his chest while he was sitting with his back against the headboard.

He noticed anyway since he raised my chin so our eyes would meet and asked, “Aw. Are you crying, Gab?” I felt tears running down my cheeks. Damn it! All that hard work to keep them in and they end up falling anyway.  I thought. He started wiping away the tears on my cheeks with his thumb and chuckled, “You’re so cute when you cry.”