Last To Know

Jake's Pov:

    I jogged around the block this morning like I do every day, but today I found myself stopping before I reached my driveway. Today, I stopped at the driveway next to mine, her driveway.

       I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. Why did she have to leave? Why wasn't she speaking to me? And by god why didn't she say goodbye?

     Walking now, I went to my house and up to my room. I grabbed some fresh clothes and went to take a shower. My head was still swarming with thoughts of Layla.

   She was my bestfriend, and I, well, I guess I sorta lo...

        "Jake are you home yet? There's something we need to tell you!" My dad called.

   I sighed, "Yeah dad I need to get changed though so give me a few minutes kay?"

            I got out of the shower feeing cleaner, but troubled about what they could possibly want to talk to me. I got dressed and went out to the living room where my dad and my step-mom were waiting for me.

   "What's up guys? What do you need to talk to me about?" I asked sitting down on the couch.

 Dad looked flustered and was figiting, "Well, please listen to us completely before you do anything. Summer was over at May's house earlier and she saw something."

    "No need to be so nevous Dad just tell me what it is okay." I told him getting impatient.

  He sighed and motioned for Summer to continue on with what he was saying, "Well, honey, when I left someone else was over there to see May. I am not certain, but I think it might of been Layla. Th...."

   I didn't give her the chance to finish talking I was up out of my seat and on my way out of the house before they had the chance to say anything.

Layla's Pov:

I poured myself a cup of milk and went back to the living room to watch tv. Right as I was about to sit down though Amber came running out of the room screaming.

    "Mommyyyyyyy!"

      I scooped her up held her close, "It's okay Amber. Shhh, you're alright. It's alright, I'm here. Mommy is here."

  She held onto my shoulders tightly and began to cry, "You wer gon mommy. I coubin fine you."

    I rubbed her back soothingly, "I'm sorry baby girl, mommy was just out here in the living room."

       The doorbell interupted my comforting her and startled Amber. She climbed off of my lap and let me go to the door.

  I opened the door and froze at who was in front of me.

    "Hello Layla, miss me?" Jake asked standing there with his hands in his pockets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry for the long wait I had writers block and it sucked. On the bright side I don't have to go to school till Monday cause of thanksgiving break so I should be able to post one or two more chapters before then. Oh and before I forget I wanna see how many people will respond to this:

                                                NEXT THURSDAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!