Do you Remember?

My mom decided that I needed a day without Amber so she took her to the zoo, leaving me with an entire day for myself. Only problem left was what the heck am I supposed to do?

   Someone knocked on my door, interupting my inner debate, so I went to answer it. Not to surprisingly it was Jake, a big smile on his face. Just seeing him made me feel like the last four years were just a dream.

"Hello! Earth to Layla! Your mom told me that you could probably do with some company. She took Amber huh?" He said calmly.

I nodded and grabbed my jacket that was hung up by the door. As we randomly walked my hand automaticly went to his. My mind felt like it was in a constant de ja vu as I looked at the town I grew up in.

  "Its so strange. I wanted to hate you when they told me that you left, but I just couldn't. Now you're back though and it feels like you were never gone, then something reminds me that you were and I want to be mad again. Its impossible though, I missed you to much to be mad."

 I smiled, "Do you remember homecoming our junior year? Its like that only on a way bigger scale. I was so mad about it that we didn't talk for a whole week, and when we did, it was like it never happened."

He laughed, "I guess we are doomed to never being able to hate each other or fight."

I stopped and hugged him tightly, "I can live with that, and I swear I'll never leave again."

He hugged me back, letting me know that its okay and we continued to walk for a while. Eventually we got back to my house and went inside to eat a snack.

"Okay, your mom said you have the entire day to yourself right?" He asked.

"Yep, her only rule is to have fun." I told him putting our trash away.

"How about this then, I'll go call everybody and we can all go down to the bar and get wasted, you can stay at my house so you don't wake up Amber."

The idea was tempting, expecially since the last time I drank was, well the night of our graduation party.

"I don't know Jake, plus I don't feel right leaving Amber with my mom that long. She isn't someone I can just mooch off from."

"Come on, look we can call and ask her if it'll make you feel better. Besides, I'd bet my car that you never celebrated your 21st birthday in a proper fashion either." He respnoded.

"Ugh fine, call my mom, if she says yes I'll go, if not well yea." I told him, giving up.

Unfortionately for me my mom agreed to it. Now, I'm doing my hair and getting ready to probably get drunk off my butt. It'll be alright though, after all I'm home and Amber's safe with my mom. Nothing could possably go wrong.