Chapter 1

The sun was too bright for a normal August afternoon, but then again, it wasnt a normal day. Today was Aleksander Richardson's big day. That may sound incredibly cheesy, but it was. Today he had three tests that would determine his future in the world. his girlfriend's birthday was also today, as well as his best friend Tom's birthday. Aleksander got his friend a new skateboard since that's what he's been talking about for the past month. 

        "Sander! Pay attention!" Mr. Anderson shouted.

        Sander stopped daydreaming and looked back at his pre-calculus teacher. Tom sniggered beside him but was then yelled at as well. Sander had been caught daydreaming in classes all day—all month even—and he wasn't entirely sure why. He never daydreamed before, but it was now something that happened every day. He'd been daydreaming about the sky, the birds, even the clouds.

        The bell rang and Tom and Sander were the first ones out of the classroom. They dashed down the hallways and quickly stopped at their brown lockers to ditch their textbooks for the weekend. As they stood at their lockers, Amber walked up behind Sander and hugged him.

        "Guess who?" she playfully asked.

        "Tom?" Sander joked.

        Tom laughed along with Amber as Sander turned around to look at his girlfriend. Her first-blonde-but-now-green hair was long and shiny, her tan skin was warm, her brown eyes were laugjing at him, and her dress was dangerously close to showing things. She stood out against Sander. His hair came down to to his neck and was light brown and curly, his eyes were a misty blue, his skin was tan but not as tan as Amber's, and he was captain of the lacross team. Tom was co-captain, and he had black hair, pale skin, brown eyes, and was muscular, just like Sander.

        "What are you guys doing tonight?" she asked, with a small hint of excitment in her voice.

        "Just throwing a small party for you two," Sander said, putting an arm around Amber.

        Both Amber and Tom smiled widely.

        ——

        The cell was dark and depressing, and it kept growing throughout the past few years. The middle of the night made everything seem that way. She slowly stood up into the moonlight that shined on her now filthy and torn white shirt as well as her ripped jeans. She was barefoot and her feet were frozen from all the cold of the snow outside. The only source of warmth was her large black and red tinted wings. Her blonde hair was longer than she would've liked, and that would have to change as soon as she left this solitary cell. 

        She gave a small smile and spoke to herself, "Those pathetic surgeons think I'm too weak to leave this place. They have another thing coming."

        She walked over to the wall where the small window was, and she placed both her hands onto it. She closed her bright yellow eyes and concentrated her magic. Suddenly the wall crumbled in front of her and the alarm quickly sounded, alerting the surgeons and guards that she was escaping. She wasted no time as she leaped off the side and dropped seven feet off the tall cliff before she opened her wings and flew away. The surgeons and guards stared after her and they were prepared to shoot her down in the snowstorm, but the surgeons panicked and ordered them not to.

       "The Original will return to us, and until then we will use the genes we have extracted," one of the surgeons proclaimed, more to himself than to his companions. He turned to them and said, "Bring in the humans."

        ——

        Hey everyone! Thanks for readin' this! I'm sorry if it wasn't that informative on the situation, but sometimes I'm gonna leave you hanging! I'll try and keep a deadline for posting chapters. How about every week?

        Hopefully I can keep that deadline, but I'm really sorry if I can't because things might be getting a little crazy for me soon with activities.

        Cya all later! Feel free to make comments on mistakes I make. And also vote on this story please!