Chapter 5

"I'm not leaving without him," a distant voice echoed. "He's part of my flock."

        "If they find you you'll be killed," a woman's voice said.

        Sander's head pounded and his chest was aching. What happened to him? He remembered that sludge and that he...punched it? How? Where was he now? He slowly opened his eyes. Sander's vision was extremely blurry; all he could see was blurry colors, nothing more. He closed his eyes again and tried to sit up.

        "I'll risk it, flocks don't leave members behind." It was Breecan.

        The woman let out a tisk of frustration. "You've known this boy for, what, four or five hours now? What do you owe him?"

        Breecan laughed. "He's a teleporter," the woman inhaled sharply, "and his wings are white. Something's off about that and I want to know what! The Firsts will know and that's where I'm taking him."

        "Just because you were able to join the Firsts Flock does not mean they'll allow you to bring in a strange, odd boy."

        Sander's hand slipped and he fell back down onto his stomach. He was laying on wood and his arms thrummed with warmth. The room grew quiet as he breathed in.

        "Well, look who's finally awake!" Breecan said, walking over to Sander and pulling him up to a sitting position. His legs swung over a side of something, so he thought he must've been on a table. Sander's back was stiff since he'd been laying on his stomach.

        "What happened to me?"

        Breecan laughed. "Well, you have another power besides teleporting."

        "And that is?" Sander asked, getting dizzy from his vision.

        "Strength, which is a strange combination to be paired with teleporting."

        Sander felt extremely dizzy and would've fallen forward if Breecan hadn't caught him. His stomach wasn't happy either, and he felt vomit rising in him. Apparently Breecan knew it.

        "Aspen!" Breecan yelled.

        Suddenly Sander vomited and it all went into a bucket that the woman was holding. It didn't smell, but Sander didn't even know what it looked like.

        "That's disgusting," Aspen said.

        Once Sander was all done, Breecan caefully let him go to sit on his own.

        "Feel better?"

        "Why can't I see anything?" Sander asked quietly.

        Breecan made a strange noise. "You should be able to see. You mean your vision is completely black?"

        "No, all I can see is blurry colors."

        "It must be your powers," Aspen said, walking back into the room after leaving with the bucket. "Sometimes vision can go blurry for an hour or so after the power is discovered."

        "That didn't happen when I first teleported."

        "I never said it was for every power," she said sounding annoyed.

        Breecan informed Sander on what happened. After he passed out he brought him into the house and had Aspen inspect him since she was a doctor, and a very good one. Sander was out for about two hours after he passed out and it was the middle of the night now. Breecan sounded upset when he said that Society agents were coming after them now that their whereabouts were known.