11

TW: little bit of sexual harassment

Today is Thanksgiving.

The day to be thankful for your family, your friends, the clothes you wear, the home you have, the food you eat, the love you receive.

I sound like a selfish child saying this – but as of right now, I'm not very thankful. I know I should be, my boyfriend of a year is home from university and he even brought his roommate! What fun, right?

No.

I'm so happy my Mikey is home... but when my Mikey is home, I want him to come home alone. That means no one else but him. Unless he decided to surprise me with a cute puppy or an adorable kitten, then he can be accompanied.

But Josh is most definitely not a cute puppy or an adorable kitten. He's a pesky boy who is so obviously hitting on Michael every chance he gets.

As everyone at the dinner table around me eats their turkey and stuffing and drinks their champagne, I'm sitting here, my eyes not leaving Josh and Michael for even a second. Anger and envy courses through my veins with every subtle touch they share.

We are at Michael's house. Karen cooked us dinner, even Calum and Ashton were over. Of course, like a lost puppy, Josh had nowhere else to go so even he had to join us.

I know I'm being so bitter, but for the love of god, why can't this damn kid understand that Michael has a boyfriend and he's sitting right across from him?

"Time to clean up," Karen said once we were all finished and stood up from her chair.

"Please, mum, let me. You go relax and watch some TV," Michael smiled at her, taking her plate from her hand. He's such a gentleman.

I was about to stand up and offer to help with the dishes, but puppy boy beat me to it. "I'll come help you with the dishes, Mike."

Mike. I clenched my fists underneath the table and counted to ten, controlling my anger. I've never gotten this jealous before.

"Let's clear off the table," Ashton told me, patting my back gently. Those who remained and didn't follow at Mike's heels began to take the plates and napkins and leftover food off the table.

I entered the kitchen just in time for Josh to turn to me. "Hey Luke, can you go in the laundry room and get a towel for me? I need to dry the dishes."

"Sure thing, Josh," I faked a smile and headed into the laundry room.

It was hard to find a dish towel. Usually, Karen would have a nice stack right on top of the washer machine, but there was none. I hustled around to find at least one, but after five minutes, I still couldn't.

The door opens and I swivel around to see who it was. "Have you found a damn towel yet?" Josh asked as he shuts the door behind him. "You're taking forever."

I immediately cowered, afraid of his sudden anger. "I'm sorry, I can't find one."

Before I knew what he was doing, he had me pressed up against the well. His lips hovered dangerously close to my ear, his breath sending chills up and down my spine.

"What are you doing?" I asked shakily, trying to push him off, but he was stronger. He moved his lips to my neck and kissed harshly, sucking on my skin.

I was frozen. My brain was screaming at me to move, but I just couldn't. I didn't like it.

"Josh," I cried. "Please stop.. why are you doing this, stop.."

He pulled away, standing up straight, staring me dead in the eye. He brought his hand up and slapped me. It stung so bad but I stayed still. "Make any more noise and I'll hurt you even more."

Josh went back to kissing my neck and this time, I held my pleads in. I didn't want to be slapped again. One of his hands fumbled with my belt buckle and the other slipped up my shirt and grazed over my chest.

The door opened again and I let out a relieved breath. "What the hell is going on?" Michael boomed, causing Josh to jump away from me. I stayed in my spot, pressed against the wall.

When Michael was mad, it was either really sexy or really frightening.

And this time, I was frightened.

"I can explain-"

"Get the fuck out!" Michael grabbed him by the arms and led him out to the living room. I followed them, not wanting to be left alone in the laundry room.

"I'm sorry, Mike, I.."

"Go!" Michael shouted, making me jump. Josh sprinted out, clearly afraid. Me too, puppy boy. He turned back to me.

I closed my eyes, preparing myself for the screaming and the abuse. Seconds later, there was nothing. No noise, no hits. I peeked and Michael was still standing there.

The tears fell, all at once. He rushed to me and engulfed me in a hug, understanding now that I didn't do anything wrong. "It's okay, baby, it's okay. You're okay."

"He kissed me," I explained between heavy sobs. "He slapped me and he tried to touch me."

"Shh, Lukey," He said soothingly, kissing my forehead softly. "You're safe here, with me. I'll always keep you safe."

A/N

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for my family, all of you, my friends, and 1D and 5SOS, of course.

This chapter was intense.

Have a safe Thanksgiving! Eat lots of food :~)

Jordan x

Edited July 2019