10

Thanksgiving Break

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I stood up from the couch and pulled it out, smiling broadly at the Caller ID. It was Michael. "Babe!" I answered. "Did you land?"

"Yeah, just landed. I'm about to get a cab," He responded. I could hear his adorable smile through the phone. "Hey, real quick, you know Josh right?" Oh yeah – him. "Well he had nowhere else to go for break, so I invited him home with me."

When I didn't answer, I heard him sigh. "Is that okay, Luke?"

"Yeah, of course, Mikey," I forced a small laugh. "The more the merrier, right? I'll see you in a little while. Love you."

I hung up before he could say anything back. I'm not mad at him, no. Just frustrated. It's so last minute.

*****

There was a knock at the door. I jumped up and straightened my shirt and fixed my hair. I hurried and swung it open, grinning widely at the sight before me.

Even if I saw him less than a month ago, I still couldn't believe my eyes. "Princess," He said sweetly, dropping his suitcase in the apartment and hugging me tightly. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you more!" I giggled, pecking his lips. Josh stood behind awkwardly, with a duffel bag on his shoulder.

"Come in," I nodded at him and shook his hand. "I'm Luke."

Michael went and hugged Ashton and Calum while I ushered Josh in and shut the door behind him. He came back and stood in between me and Josh.

"This is Josh, he's my roommate from the university."

"Hi Josh," Ashton waved hesitantly, glancing nervously at me. I shrugged smally. "I'm Ashton and this is my boyfriend Calum."

While Ashton and Josh started to talk, I grabbed Michael's wrist and led him into the hallway. "I'm so happy you're home and I'm so happy I get to meet your roommate, but I really wanted it to be just us this break."

Michael's features fell. He shook free from my grasp and frowned tightly. "He had nowhere else to go, Luke. He's my friend."

"I know, I just – never mind," I flashed a slight small at Michael and he must have bought it because he genuinely smiled back. "I'm sorry, babe. Welcome home." I pressed a chaste kiss to his lips and we returned to the other boys.

Ashton and Josh were now sitting on the couch and Calum stood in the kitchen, alone, leaning on the counter, elbows propped. He was watching the two with a jealous look. Josh was telling a story animatedly while Ashton listened intently. Michael sat down beside Josh, picking up in the story.

"He's stealing my man," Calum said bluntly as I approached him.

"Yeah, mine too, Cal."

A/N

Surprise update!

I hope everyone has a safe Thanksgiving break :-)

Jordan(is so fucking proud of 5SOS and 1D today man)x

Edited July 2019