5

I was thankful I had a caring friend like Calum. I wasn't planning to jump, but I knew I was in such a trance that I might've if he didn't bring me home.

We arrived back at Ashton's apartment to find him pacing in his kitchen and running his hands through his messy hair. "Luke!" He screamed, nearly toppling me. "Where we you guys?"

Calum shuffled his feet uncomfortably and then spoke softly. "Luke needed to think, so he went to the bridge. I just picked him up."

"The bridge?" Ashton furrowed his eyebrows. his features hardened rapidly. I was scared, to be honest. "I thought we agreed you'd never go there again. What the hell were you doing there? Were you going to jump?"

"No, Ash, I just needed to think, I swear," I muttered, cowering.

"You're lying to me!" He shouted. "I can't believe you went there! Alone! I thought you were better, Luke! I thought you were okay!"

"Yeah, Ashton! I'm perfectly fine!" I screamed back, crossing my arms over my chest. "It's not like my boyfriend moved how many ever miles away! I'm fine, really!"

"It's always Michael, isn't it? He has you whipped!" Ashton spat, taking a step closer to me.

"How could you say that, you little-"

"Stop!" Calum yelled, interrupting us. "Both of you – shut the hell up!"

I shook my head, disgusted. How could Ashton be so careless, so rude? His once-hard features now softened as he pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry, I was just so worried."

"It's fine," I whispered, burying my head in his chest reluctantly. I didn't want to start anymore drama. "I get it."

"Why don't we watch a movie?" Calum suggested, leading Ashton to the couch. I watched with a smile on my face as they cuddled up, their bodies entwined.

I put on Peter Pan and plopped beside Ashton, feeling a bit like a third wheel. Suddenly, my phone began to vibrate and I picked it up almost immediately.

It was Michael. "Hi babe, can we video chat?"

"Of course! I'll sign on and call you," I responded hastily, hurrying into Ashton's office area and logging onto his laptop and into my Skype.

Mikey was already online, so I pressed the video call icon beside his contact information and bounced up and down on the chair, waiting to see him.

Once the video connected, I was speechless. I hadn't seen Michael's face in days, and of course the day I do, he looks so goddamn beautiful. His hair was swept and molded around his head perfectly. The quality wasn't crystal clear, but I didn't care. I could still make out his gorgeous facial features.

Upon seeing me, Michael broke out in a grin. "Lukey! I've missed you so much."

"I - I've missed you too," I stuttered. "You look adorable, which isn't unusual."

"Is that your boyfriend?" A voice called from the background. I watched, confused, as another face appeared on my screen. It was a good-looking guy with brown hair and brown eyes. I had to admit, he was attractive.

"Luke, this is Josh, my dormmate," Michael smiled and Josh waved.

"Hi Luke! It's so nice to finally, sort of meet you." He and Michael chuckled. I forced a small smile. "I've heard so much about you, all good things of course!"

"I guess I've been talking about you a lot," Michael blushed, looking down. Josh gazed over at him and – shit. I saw it in his eyes that he had a thing for Michael.

Oh hell no.

"I'm gonna leave you two alone, I have to go to the library," Josh explained and left.

"You look really hot," Michael said huskily once the door shut. "I miss you more and more every minute of the day. I miss your kisses, and the way your lip ring feels against my lips. And I miss your ass. I miss your ass a lot."

The heat rose to my cheeks faster than it ever has and I looked like an idiot, sitting there blushing like crazy. "Mikey.."

It was silent for a minute or two before he talked again. "Ashton told me that you were at the bridge today." Suddenly, he didn't look so happy and my red cheeks turned pale.

When I didn't answer, he blinked a few times and I knew he was pushing down tears. "Why?" He asked shakily.

"I went to see my parents," I sighed, rubbing my eyes wearily. "My dad was just telling me how we wouldn't last, with you being at college and all."

"Your dad is an idiot," Michael frowned. "I love you so much, and I won't ever love anyone else more than you, or even as much as you. I'd make so many sacrifices to be with you and that includes being here."

"I will love you until the end of time, babe. I really will."

"Thanks," I sniffled, the tears now rolling down my cheeks. "I mean – god, I'm so awkward. I love you too."

"I would wipe those tears and kiss your cute little cheeks if I was there with you."

A/N

Lashton fluff, Cashton fluff, and Muke fluff :-) What a nice mix!

Jordan x

Edited July 2019