9 ~sexy~

WARNING: some mature ~sexy~ content in this chapter

"You're coming home?" I repeated his words, breaking into a broad grin. "Why?"

"I was... I am worried." Michael sighed heavily. "It won't be for long, maybe a few days. I just want to make sure you're okay, princess."

Princess. The heat rushed to my cheeks at the use of a new pet name. "You should really stay in Perth. I don't want you to have to miss classes."

"It's too late now," Michael chuckled. "I'm boarding the plane. I'll call you as soon as I land, baby. I love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up and slipped the phone back into my pocket. No matter how hard anyone tried, this grin would never leave my face. I skipped happily back to Ashton and Calum. "Guys!" I shouted. "Guess what?"

"What?" Calum asked, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"Michael is coming home!" I cheered. "He was so worried about me that he bought a plane ticket and he's coming home for a few days."

Ashton seemed pleasantly surprised and Calum just smiled politely. "What's wrong? Do you not want him back?"

"That's not it, Luke," Ashton frowned, stepping closer to me. "It hasn't even been two weeks since he left and he's already coming back. Calum and I, we're not sure that he'll be able to stay at university for good."

"So?" I scoffed, not seeing the bad part of this. "That means he'll stay home, he'll stay here with me!"

Calum smacked Ashton on the arm lightly and rolled his eyes. "It's okay. You should go home and get ready for your boyfriend." He smirked at me and I blushed furiously.

*****

My knees were shaking, my heart was racing, and my breath was hitched. Michael would be walking through those shuttle doors any second now.

I didn't avert my eyes away from the arrival area. I didn't dare to look anywhere else. I didn't want to miss the perfect Michael Clifford in his entirety getting home.

The shuttle doors opened and only two people exited. One was an old man in a business suit, a phone pressed to his ear. The other was a young boy in a gray beanie, a red plaid shirt, and jeans ripped at the knees.

"Michael," I muttered. We locked eyes and it felt like the world around us had stopped. I ran as fast as my legs could take me, not caring about the stares. Michael let his suitcase fall to the floor.

I pushed my feet off the ground and jumped. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held onto me like it was my life on the line. It practically was.

"I missed you so much," I whispered in his ear. "I'm so happy you're here."

Michael put me down and cupped my cheeks, smiling. I had missed that goofy, adorable smile of his so, so much. He used his thumb to wipe the tears that rolled down my cheeks. The people around us moved again, no longer staring.

"Luke," He mumbled, kissing my lips passionately, mumbling some more against my lips. "Let's go home."

"Back to your house?" I swallowed, swinging his backpack over my shoulder. "Where we can kiss and kiss until we can't breathe?"

"Yes, princess," He giggled. "My mum knows I'm home but she's out of town until tomorrow, so the house is all ours. Do you know what that means?"

"Nerf Gun wars?" I raised an eyebrow at him, giggling as well.

"That and so much more."

*****

Upon arriving back at Michael's house, we immediately bounded up the stairs. Michael put his suitcase in the corner of the room and slipped his beanie off, fixing his hair. "You don't need to fix your hair for me, baby. It looks hot." I said, sitting on his bed and propping my elbows to stare at him.