Tracking The Untrackable

I wake, the room is dark, I sit up my whole body aches. So much grief, so much pain, so much suffering. My lids get heavier and heavier until Blackness engulfs me once again.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Voices wake me pain sears through my body, my eyelids are getting heavy again, I force myself to stand. I feel dizzy, the room around me starts to spin as black dots blur of my vision. "Carmen! Sit down; you’re not strong enough yet!" A voice says angrily from behind me, I turn looking around startled, Acquila sits on the couch infront of the TV, he has a notepad and pen on his lap. "Sit!" he says standing and walking over to me, he is wearing a black T-shirt that stretches tightly over his muscled chest, the arms wrapping tight around his biceps threatening to split it with any movement. Dark wash jeans and black joggers match the shirt. He pushes me back down onto the bed, "don't move I’ll get the doctor." he walks from the room, then not a minute later he walks back in with an older man.

"Queen Carmen, Dr Kingsley," he holds out his hand for me to shake. "So can I go now?" I ask trying to stand; Acquila pushes me back down, giving me a stern look. "After a few tests just to check your vitals then you should be good to go." He takes my pulse and my blood pressure and other tests that determine who knows what; it goes on for ages as I sit there bored out of my mind.

Acquila sits there patiently, watching me as I stare at the ground. "Ok you can go but no more over doing it, " I nod, "I mean it you know how much your powers weaken you especially now that you’ve pushed through all the barriers keeping them at bay, It will all hit you full force now." He says sternly as he helps me up from the bed, I won't promise not to over do it if someone needs my help even if it means putting myself at risk I’ll do it so once again I nod. Dr Kingsley leaves the room as Acquila walks over to me. "Madam Z has been contacted you will start training in a week after the engagement party" he says wrapping an arm around my shoulders and pushing me into the bathroom, "go get ready, Jason wants to see you." he says before he closes the door behind me.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

A light pink dress is sitting on my bed when i walk out it has white flowers covering it and falls just below the knees. My belt goes on as well as my necklaces, followed by black ankle boots before I walk from the room.

The halls are empty as i wander down stairs, I start to wonder where Acquila disappeared to until I hear voices coming from the kitchen.

I step in to see two of the maids and the chef chatting away, "Oh Queen Carmen your up, Prince Acquila had just sent me to bring this to you," One of the maids says holding out a tray with 3 silver platters on it. "He is out on the balcony coming off your study." I smile and take the tray walking back up the stairs and through my study, my wooden desk and leather chair are the main features in the room, a window seat is pressed against the window covered in quilts and pillows, hundreds of books are stacked in bookcases lining the walls. A filing cabinet is behind the desk as well as the two glass doors, black curtains pulled to the side. I step out; sunlight blinds me for a few seconds before i become accustomed to my new surroundings. Acquila sits at the picnic table, his eyes look up finding mine as he writes on a notepad. "Jason will be up soon," he says going back to his work; he suddenly seems angry and moody. I sit pulling one of the silver lids off the platter to reveal a cup of coffee. No marshmallows. I sip at it before taking off the next lid, a bowl of fruit sits under it with a drizzle of yogurt over the top, the next dish is a ham and tomato omelet, Yummy!