Leaving Them Behind

Pete’s stunned face looks at me and I can tell something is wrong, very wrong, "RUN! Get her out now!" he yells, before a Rere grabs him from behind. Jason runs through the door bringing 2 more with him. My eyes scan the room searching for a weapon, any kind of weapon. I see the hunting closet. My fingers unlatch it, as Pete falls to the ground 4 Reres trying to turn him. The cupboard is full of bows and arrows, knives, fishing rods and daggers I grab 3, one slides into the side of my high tops another going around my waist, tightening the strap as I run. The dagger pierces the monster, it stumbles back, its body acknowledging the pain, its mind ignoring it. My tutors voice echoes through my head, A Rere can only be killed definitively by having silver cutting through vital organs, and if it isn’t silver the wounds will heal in a matter of seconds. The dagger finds the soft spot between the second and third rib as Jason goes down, blood pouring from the now dead Rere and Jason’s leg simultaneously. What are the chances of silver daggers just when I need them? I thank a god I don’t believe in as my dagger is driven into another zombie person. Acquila and Pete are now standing back to back trying to protect each other neither have a weapon just their bare hands. I throw my weapon at their feet and point to the hunting closet as Jason cries out, 2 Reres fighting to bite him. I’m grabbed from behind; pulled towards the ground by an unseen predator. The pulling stops, suddenly I’m being pulled forward Acquila has my hand as we run towards the door, “No what about Jason!" I scream pulling against him. "Pete will look after him now let’s go." he shouts back; clearly angry that I won't go with him, "we have to help them," I say coming to a standstill "fine, Im very sorry for this Queen Carmen." And then before I can comprehend what’s happening he throws me over his shoulder and runs.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

He doesn’t stop until we are at the lake, despite my complaints. He’s alot stronger than I thought but totally worn out by the time we get there. The second he puts me down I turn and run back towards the house, he realises what I’m doing grabs me, I fight throwing a punch, landing it in the side of his jaw. Acquila is done being gentle he flips me onto my back and pins me down "NO!" I yell tears pouring down my face, "We have to go back we can’t leave them there" I beat his chest with my fists, "we can’t leave them." 

"I have been given my orders, my only duty is to protect my Queen" he says it so calmly but I can see the panic and pain in his eyes it hurts him just as much to leave them. His phone buzzes; he releases my hands but climbs on top of me, knowing I was going to make a run for it. "Sergeant," I try to listen but can't hear, "yes that’s correct Queen Carmen is in my possession, down by the lake Tiarna." .... Okay thank you." He puts his mobile back into his shorts pocket. "Their coming to get us now, reinforcements have been sent," he says before grabbing my arm and climbing off me.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

We sit and wait for what feels like an eternity. But finally the helicopter touches down; I jump up and straighten my shirt. 4 men get out, the sergeant, his second in command and 2 soldiers. "You" I order pointing at the Sergeant "tell me what’s happened at the house, is everyone alright?" 

"We have not heard from Agent Pete since he rang us and told us you were under attack, reinforcements have been sent, we will know when we get back to the palace, my Queen"  he bows but I see the contempt, the pissed off angle of his head, he never liked me. It is his belief that my parents made a mistake choosing me to be their successor. "Fine, make it quick," I snap stepping into the copter.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Acquila sits beside me, one of the soldiers on the other checking for injuries. I discover a gash on my arm I didn’t feel and a few tender spots that are gonna bruise. Acquila has a sprained wrist and a very sore jaw; I start to feel a little guilty when it starts to swell. As we arrive at the palace guards are everywhere, but they all stop and bow as I walk through the garden and into the house. "I'm taking a shower, I expect to be informed about everything when I get back", I turn to Acquila "you are welcome to clean up in the guest room," now onto Sergeant Phillip "have your men ready themselves for a debrief in the war room in 15 minutes," I storm off angry that I can’t get Violets face out of my mind.

Where is she? Are they hurting her? If anyone has so much as looked at her the wrong way they will be beheaded. The last person who was beheaded was 300 years ago but ill damn well bring it back.