At Your Own Expense

The stable hands take care of the horses when we get back leaving me free to go and get ready for tonight’s events. The long black dress comes in at the waist showing off the hourglass figure. The black feathered hat, 'the tradition of our family' is place on my head "wonderful" Spark exclaims he leaves the room to prepare himself. The heels he choose are near the door, 4:45, I've still got some time. I grab the belt and buckle it at my waist, the heels fit snuggly in my bag as I proceed out my door and down the staircase. The fridge is full when I open it. I find an apple and walk into the living room, Acquila is lying lazily over the couch dressed in a black tux, flicking through channels. I put the apple core in the trash before returning to the room I take a seat on the floor my back leaning up against the couch. " I think we should have the engagement party soon, to balance out the good and the bad," I stop to think his words over, it would best for the people. "Ok" I reply switching off the TV. I pull on my shoes as Phillip and the new protectors walk into the room. "Your car has arrives madam."

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The streets are packed, full of people hurrying towards the great hall. Many are caring black flowers, the symbol of saddness and death. Acquila reaches over and takes my hand. I look out the window and swipe at the tears falling from my eyes. I take a deep breath as the car stops. Then I exit, standing tall, my head held high. People watch as I walk towards the great hall, "I can't do this," I whisper, Acquila looks down. "Yes you can Charm, you can and will because it's what’s expected of you." I head up the aisle towards the coffins at the front most of the pews are full more people are filing in. They stand and bow as I enter. Then I see ex-duke Kelso and his family in the third row. I clench my fists. " How dare they come," I whisper rage clearly in my voice. "Nothing can be proven Charm, nothing can be proven," Acquila reminds me taking hold of my hand as Angela smiles and waves at him flirtatiously. "Doesn't matter we all know they are responsible," I walk straight past them, ignoring there existence. I sit at the first pew as the priest starts speaking.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

After the funeral everyone gathers outside, "shake their hands thank them for coming," Spark murmurs as we head back down the aisle. "Yeah ok" I reply wiping the remains of tears away from my cheeks. Faces blur by as I shake hand after hand, Acquila never leaving my side. It feels like forever when Kelso steps forward hand held out. "Queen Carmen, lovely to see you despite the tragic circumstances." His smile is small but it pisses me off when I can see the fakeness clear as day. I look at him then to his daughter who steps forward to curtsey at Acquila before leaning in for a kiss. he smirks before pulling me up against him clearly ignoring her actions. "I hate to be rude but I have and engagement and wedding to plan, sweetheart if you’d come with me," Acquila says before turning and putting his arm firmly around my waist. We get into the car and drive away leaving the funeral and our protectors behind.

We arrive home not 10 minutes later, we send the car back to collect the others, Acquila leads me up to my bedroom. We sit on my bed neither of us saying anything just sitting in silence. Acquila stands and looks out the window, he's thinking about something. I stand and walk into my bathroom. Stripping down and getting into the hot water, it warms my chilly skin as steam fills the room. I hear yelling and crashing far off into the distance. I jump out wrapping a towel around me before walking into my bedroom. Acquila is gone but the yelling is increasing. I walk to my door and peep out. Suddenly Acquila is standing front of me he pushes past em barging into my room, "get dressed, hurry up," I do as I'm told and get dressed the pajama shorts and top are bright green with butterflies all over them. Acquila grabs my hand pulling me from my room.

We rush down the staircase taking two at a time, Acquila is pale, he looks drained and worry is evident on his handsome face. The halls come at us one after another then i see the blood just a drop here and there. We round the last bend and enter the medic room usually it never gets used, other then that time Violet broke her arm. People are rushing around everywhere, the majority crowding around one bed in particular but almost every bed is full, some people I recognize others I don't but I do know one thing everyone of them is injured and everyone of them are my responsibility.

"What What happened?" I ask Acquila looking around, guards are trying desperately to attend the wounded, and while they have some medical training it's limited. "An explosion right after we left, Reres came from everywhere'" He says looking around like me. Chaos is everywhere, I look for Spark or Phillip or anyone but none of them are here. I walk up to a lost looking guard, he looks terrified, "Go to the security room, get a call out I want every town to send any available medical professionals to the medicenter just west of here, can you do that for me?" the guy looks at me he manages a nod then takes off out the door. "Where is she? Stop fussing over me, I need to see Carmen." I would recognize that voice anywhere. I push through people heading to one of the beds, finally I break through the tight ring of people around him. "Jason," it's only a whisper but his head snaps up finding me. He reaches forward as I grab his hand instantly I feel pain burning through my leg more in my head, then all over my body pain, confusion, helplessness. Sudden burning ht pain blasts through my skull as all the emotion pushes at the blockages. The pain I immediately recognise, I know I shouldn't, the barriers are for my own protection. 

I have to help him. I force away the blocks madam Z put up 4 years ago allowing my true strength to come through I feel myself getting weaker as he gets stronger, "stop" he squeaks pulling away but I hold on tighter healing his body. One of the reasons the crown has to stay in the family is so our powers stay strong. Every Blackthorne is born with an ability, dads was wisdom, mums was design, Violets is happiness and mine healing but I got lucky every few generations one member born for greatness gets more and as time goes on they get more. I could always heal from when I was two the when I was five I could see what’s happened at a place get a flashback or as I call them glimpses then at 11 I could see what’s happening to people what there going through they're emotions if the block isn't up and then 2 years ago I discovered I can read thoughts and transfer my own thoughts.

Jason falls back onto the bed breathing heavily as my legs give out, Acquila catches me holding me up. I manage to stand then I move onto the next bed, I reach out and touch the ladies arm, confusion, pain, grief the raw emotions grab hold of me forcing themselves onto me, I feel her body growing stronger as mine grows weaker. Bed after bed I just keep healing, weakening myself way past the safe limits. Then after what feels like the 100th person Blackness takes over and I can longer hear, feel or see anything.