Chapter 1 - After Skullrock Cave

The cabin was cramped and full of bunks and hammocks hanging haphazardly so that space was a limited factor. Every once in a while, as the number of the crew increased, more hammocks were added to what little space was left. Some of the crew were considering renovating the old boiler's room to another Sleep Cabin as they called it. However due to recent events, the suggestion was buried underneath all thoughts. No one could sleep peacefully anymore. Recent events filled them with horrors silenced in the normal conscious state. But once asleep, they returned in the form of nightmares. Terrible nightmares that set one's heart hammering and crunching one's hope. Happiness was a thing of the past.

It was all Imagination Queen could do to bring peace to her fellow mates: give them dreams. Every night, she would wave her wand, supplying everyone with a colourful vision. However, they never lasted long. At least, the fantastical images of fairies, elves, dragons, etc. provided them with something beautiful to look at as they stayed the night, giving up on sleep.

A satyr clomped away from Ami. He danced around a merry fire with a bunch of Dryads who laughed flirtatiously. Imagination Queen noticed Shadow and Arrowskull staring at the Dryads with an obsessed hint in their eyes. She suppressed a smile, but the boys caught the look on her face. They blushed a deep shade of scarlet before turning their gaze onto something else.

No one spoke a word. It was a time of silence. Everyone lay on their respective beds, watching the creatures. Worry was written clearly on their faces even though they tried to hide it.

Imagination sighed.

A few days ago, the crew of the Enigmus had fought alongside each other in battle against the Great One and his Pirate Lords. The crew had taken care of the Pirate Lords and their tricks while their Captain headed to meet the Great One in one final battle. The Great One - who was the Captain's brother...

Mysteriously, he was defeated by her. However, there was no happy victory. No, the Captain had been lost to the Black Spot as its final effects began to take hold of her. Revived from unconsciousness, she could remember nothing. Nothing at all. Her memory was wiped clean. The last stage of the Black Spot had taken toll: amnesia.

The crew had been mortified. They could not understand what was wrong with her. They carried her to the ship's infirmary since she was weak from the battle. Then the Doctor, after a quick check-up, came to the conclusion that Captain had kept her illness a secret. Writer's Block had never been healed. It had resulted in the dreaded Black Spot.

Suffering a broken leg, Captain was lying in the infirmary. She demanded to be allowed to leave the "creepy ship" whose crew had odd powers. It frightened her. These things seemed beyond normal to her.

Last night, Captain had awoken to a warm, tingling feeling in her fingers, only to find her blazing fingers.

"Holy crap! My hands are on fire!" she had shrieked, yelling and shaking her hands violently in an attempt to extinguish the fire. 

Everyone had rushed to the infirmary. Someone had had the sense to splash a pail of water on the fiery fingers.  Captain was cmpletely freaked out. She rambled on and on about some unidentifiable things, her eyes wide.

The Doctor had told us to leave. Winter had wanted to stay by her best friend in her time of anguish, but the Doctor had simply said, "I understand how you feel, Winter. But she is already in too much shock. She needs some time on her own to figure things out."

Deferentially, Winter had resigned, crawling back to her cabin. She was practically dead - a body with no emotion. At least that was what she showed on the outside, but on the inside she was hurting. She was hurting real bad.