The End of the Enigmus: Part 1

This is the first part of the chapter written by me, Miss Rebellious, Detective Arrowskull, Crystal Grace and Wind Runner. It's really, REALLY long so I decided to split it into several parts. I'm guessing two or three depending on how long the ending will be.

Anyways,

Enjoy!

Cap'n

Captain Sarcastic removes her hat as tears form in her red eyes. She stands on the deck, in front of her is her beloved pirate ship, the Enigmus. Many memories where made on this ship, so many laughs, so many fights. The Enigmus was once lively and full of life. Now it's dark and freezing cold, like a home once a family member passes. The ship shall never be the same.

Now let us explain how this came to be.

.......................

The plan. Captain knew what she had to do and how she needed to do it, but it sure wasn't going to be a simple task.

The Silence were the pivotal part of this.

It was the power that coursed through their veins with each exhalation, the power that only a certain source could provide.

Destroying them would extinguish the surging waves of power and would therefore restore the source to a sustainable and stable amount. They were the key to success in this, but numbers would dictate how the bloody battle went.

"Come on!" Captain exclaimed as much as her lungs could muster, "They're advancing on us. Form a barrier and hold your positions!"

Clash after crushing clash, they tried everything in their power to fend off the Silence, but it was no use.

Every step became a retreat rather than an advance.

Every punch became a sloppy and inaccurate move, every breath became a knife to the lungs.

The team looked at Captain in bafflement, waiting for her master plan to spring. She held a tight grip on the hilt of her sword and cursed under her breath, dodging the movements of the few Silence she could fight at once, slicing the bodies and leaving gaping wounds and gashes exposed.

The wounds grew deeper and deeper with each cut and her swords dance continued until the group of Silence were mere pieces on the ground, spiting on the ground in disgust.

"I've spent long enough living in fear, now we must show no mercy! If we die then so be it, but I can assure everyone that we sure as hell will be kicking their asses before that ever happens. Charge!"

The crew moved with speed and the fury of a thousand lions. Arrows peppered the cool landscape whilst steel connected with flesh, offering the occasional cries of searing pain. It was a bloodbath, but it was the only way for the plan to work. The Silence had to die, there was no other option. Captain had to make this decision and not keep using the Book of Souls as a way to gain guidance.

She believed in her plan and her team, but whether she wanted them to risk their lives was not her choice to make.

Suddenly, the Silence - what was left of them - halted like a group of siloheuttes. Ironically, they stood deadly silent and glared at their enemies like statues. Captain felt the hairs on the back of her neck wince at the sight.

Why was this happening? Could they take advantage of this? Something didn't seem right...

Trilby tipped her hat slightly, analysing every detail that she could find. Arrowskull held his bow steadily, ready to aim if necessary. Winter raised a brow and the whole Enigmus prepared for another strike.