Flesh.....Zombies.....Oh My(7)

After the helicopter had flown over we were all on edge. That meant that maybe some part of the government was still working. And MAYBE they were trying to find a cure. 

I stared at the house doors as we nailed them shut. We would take the boards off the next day to scavenge for more food and supplies.

This house was set with some canned food and they still had water running. Hot water. I smiled. Everyone was thankful that we had found this house and eachother.

After our new survivors had calmed down they told us their story and their names.

The older woman was Maricela and her daughter was Ebony. The fathers name was Omar.

They said that the group had banded together and chosen that house for shelter. When they said group they referred to all the zombies we had killed in the bottom. Apparently someone had been bit and not told anyone. Everyone suffered the consequences later on when the man became a zombie and bit atleast two more people. They had survived because they decided to have the room upstairs and keep watch. When they heard all the commotion and gun fire they knew they were on their own. They stayed up there ever since. Paralyzed and scared to try to exit the house.

I stared down at my hands while they were telling their story. It made me think of Lenny and how he hadn't told us he had been bitten and we found out about 2 hours before he turned into one.

I hadn't noticed the tears leaking our of my eyes until someone wiped them away. I looked up to see a grim looking Mark. He looked way better now. Someone had given him a hair cut during the day and he had showered.

"You know.... you remind me of this one chick I really had a huge crush on," he whispered taking a strand of my hair into his fingers. I blushed.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked curiously.

He opened his mouth to speak but Robert ran over. I looked over at his tan skin and tight muscles. He had short black hair that looked brown in the sun. His smile was strait and white and he had laughter that was contagious.

"Hey boss.........can we talk?" he said angrily. Why was he angry?I nodded and stood up following Robert to a room away from everyone else.

"What's up?" I asked as he closed the door.

"Allison you know I don't share well," he said pacing. Share?

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"You know perfectly well! I have liked you since forever. You brush me off like I'm a fly. I have been patient because I figured you had alot on your mind. Clearly you don't because that boy has been getting closer. Can you please give me a chance?" he gushed out.

I couldn't believe it. Robert liked me?

I have to admit at first I had the tiniest crush on him but then got over it.

"Please...not right now," I replied trying to walk past. He caught my arm and crushed me against his chest.

"Why not?" he pleaded.

"I have a head ache and can't think strait," I said. In reality I just needed time to think. He nodded and let me go.

I walked out and everyone was crowded around Maricela listening to a story she was telling.

Once there was a young girl who was very greedy. She took everything for granted and didn't love anyone. Not even her parents who spoiled her and believe that if they gave her what she wanted she would love them. One day though she met a fine young man who was very poor and couldn't offer her anything. He asked for her hand and promised to show her all the love she would ever ask for. She refused calling him scum of the street. He was hurt deeply and told her she would never find true love with her attitude. She laughed at him and had him sent off. No one ever saw him again. A wealthy young man came into town the next day and instantly the girl fell hard for him. All the other girls fell for him as well. He was dashing and rich with all the money she could ever want. She begged her father to ask him if he wanted to marry his daughter. The young man refused politely and asked a young maid who worked for her instead to be his wife. The young maid said yes happily. The young lady burning with jealousy stole into the young maids room one night and demanded that she not marry the man. For he was hers. The maid laughed at the young lady and shook her head. She told her that the young lady had missed her chance already. He had asked for her hand and she refused because he was poor. She then realized the similarities. The maid happy that she had taught the young lady a lesson told her. Money counts for nothing. Love can keep you strong. But money can only quench the longing.

Everyone smiled and laughed at the story talking about the young lady's stupidity. Why didn't she just marry him when he was poor?

I glanced over and saw Mark staring at me. He pointed upwards and mouthed roof. I nodded and stood up. No one took notice of me because they were to busy asking Maricela questions. Even Dianne had a smile on her face. Something she hadn't done in a while.

I climbed up the steps and stepped out on the roof. It was dark and the stars were shining. I looked over to see a full moon and the breeze was light and caressed my skin lightly. I sighed and my breath came out in a little cloud. 

"Beautiful from where I'm standing," I heard Mark say from behind me. I turned around to see him smiling.

"I agree," I said staring up at the sky.

He walked over and took my hand in his.

"I barely know you but....I feel like I've known you since forever," he said. I looked up in to his eyes and nodded stepping away from him. I still had Robert in my mind and what he had told me.

I was stuck between liking them both.

Why was life so complicated? The world had ended and here I was worrying about boy problems.

"Can we just not talk and.........silence it feels right," I sighed.

He looked hurt but nodded and sat down. I sat down on the edge of the roof and saw a shooting star.

"Make a wish," I whispered to myself.

I heard Mark get up and heard him leave me on the roof. I kind of liked the silence and being alone.

Whats that mama?

Mija thats a shooting star.

Shooting star?

Yes mija make a wish. It'll come true. They always do.

Who grants them. God?

I don't know mija. God will always be there with you no matter what.

I know mama I love him. Did I tell you that?

My mother laughs and pulls me into her arms.

Did I tell you how much I love you mi corazon.

I love you too mama!

I felt my throat start to close and the tears begin to come up.

Mama I miss you so much. I need you here with me to tell me what to do. I can't go on.

I stood up and brushed my jeans off.

"Hey.....," I heard Robert whisper. I turned around and he was standing there with a chocolate bar.

"This would be more romantic if I had more chocolates," he laughed and shrugged.

I laughed despite the lump I felt in my throat.

"you're so stupid," I laughed. He joined in and soon enough we were both bending over with fits of laughter.

After we had shared our chocolate and stared at the sky I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. This felt right.

Then I thought about Mark and how he must feel right now.

Guilt all of a sudden washed over me.

"What's the matter?" Robert asked.I shook my head and sat up.

"I wish life would be easier," I sighed. He nodded and took my arm.

"Hey remember....the world ended. Nothing is easy anymore."

He has a point there.

*********

Who do you guys think would be better for her?!?!

Sexy tan,muscley Robert?

Or muscled,shy,and sweet Mark?

Vote

Comment

Do yo thang :D!!