Flesh.....Zombies....Oh My(22)

I finished vomiting in the corner and Lenny was rubbing circles on my back. I turned my head a little and saw the half eaten corpse on the floor and then I began to vomit again. I was scavenging the houses at the moment with Lenny and Robert was scavenging the one next door. I was still trying to get used to all the zombie shit. It was pretty...hard. I guess..

"It's okay...let it all out," he encouraged and then he looked behind him as well. I didn't need to see his face because he stiffened all of a sudden. I went still and turned around slowly. There was a zombie walking by the open window and then slowly it turned its head and stared in our direction. A deep moaning sound began to escape its mouth and it began trying to climb in through the window.

"Shit! We need to shut this one up," Lenny murmured and then looked around the room. He saw a bag full of golf clubs and pulled one out. "You might wanna turn sweetness..."

I nodded and then turned around. Even if I wasn't watching I still heard the gut wrenching snap of the neck and the thud as the body fell to the floor. I slowly turned around and peered at Lenny who was standing by the zombie with a smile of pure triumph on his face.

"Well now that that's done."

I nodded and then looked down at my toes.

"Look, you'll get used to it. Yeah at first you feel lost and blame yourself for alot of things. Just keep thinking.....about the positive side. You get to still live. And maybe....that's what your parents would have wanted. For you to live on and be happy. Hell, maybe your not happy right now. But the feeling will come....eventually."

I nodded and then smiled at him. I ran and gave him a hug. At first he stiffened, as if he wasn't used to the affection. He hugged me back and I felt him smile.

I smiled to myself and continued staring at the ceiling. I was waiting for the throbbing feeling from my leg to go away. So far....I wasn't having any luck.

Mark hadn't come back yet and I was so anxious.....I looked down at my hands and saw that without knowing it I had chewed my fingernails slowly. ERGHH! I hated when I did that. 

The only thing that filled the silence in the room was my breathing and the wind outside. I looked over at then door and propped myself on my elbow. "Open....stupid door." I muttered and then fell back on the bed. Why wasn't he here yet?!?!?

I decided I just couldn't wait and sat up slowly. I stood up slowly and didn't bother putting on my shoes. It would take forever if I even tried.

I limped slowly to the door and opened it. I turned and was about to walk out when I ran into someones chest. I looked up and saw a grim looking Stephen staring back at me.

"Where are you going?" he asked me.

"I umm....was going to the kitchen."

"Your lying."

"What are you talking about?" I laughed nervously.

"Your going to try to find Sam."

"pshh...no...I'm just simply starving. Don't get your panties in a knot."

"Your not going to find her. She's not here."

"She's in the barn." I laughed and then turned around to see his facial expression. I saw the surprise in his eyes but then he masked it and gave me a calm face.

"Whatever floats your boat...but you can't see her!"

"Why?!?!"

"Because it's not safe..."