Flesh.....Zombies.....Oh My(29)

I struggled against the things grasp and failed. By now I was bleeding from several wounds all over my body and not enjoying myself. He dragged me back across the road until I was in front of everyone. He threw me with the group of people that were going into the woods and my stomach fell. So this was how it was going to end for me? I was going to be eaten alive by some freaks who just happened to love being cannibal people? Yeah, that thought made no sense but right now I can't think strait. I glanced over to the side and someone in the first car leaned out and left something by the wheel. I quickly realized what it was and tried to move that way. I pretended to stumble and fell down on my stomach. I grimaced and bit my lip to keep the cry of pain inside. I grabbed the small knife and put it on the inside of my shirt. Wasn't the best place..but I was in a hurry!

"How you holding up?" I heard Mark say from my side. Half of his face was covered in blood and cuts. His eyes met mine and then he smiled sadly.

"So this is how we end?" he said.

I shook my head and then used my eyes to show him the knife. At first he thought I was telling him to look at my boobs and his eyes widened in wonder and shock. I mentally cursed myself and then moved around a little so the tip of the knife showed.

"Tell me when." he said and we lapsed back into silence.

"Look I'm sorry for what I did when Robert came back. I was a jealous jerk and should accept the fact that you'll never like me the way I like you..so can you just forgive me and can we stay friends?" he pleaded and met my gaze. His eyes looked sincere and then I nodded.

"Aww do we have a little love triangle going on?" one of them taunted. I twisted around to see who said it and my arms were wrenched tighter behind my back.

"HOLY COW NIPPLE!" I screamed and bit my lip. We continued to walk until we reached a tiny clearing in the forest. I looked over to the side to see a pile of bones that was cleaned fresh and there were human clothes on them. I held the scream from rising in my throat and then they tied us up. I was tied on one tree with Mark and Joseph was on another. I think maybe he was chosen when I had created my distraction...wasn't really a well thought out plan. Sue me. The whites of his eyes were showing and I knew that me and Mark were probably the only ones with clear heads enough to escape. Joseph was just dead weight. It hurt me to think about him like that..but it was true. 

They set everything up. As in they cleared off the previous bones and whatever was left. They untied Joseph and crowded around him. Soon enough three of them were eating and one was watching us. His screams are the thing that got to me the most. They were filled with pain. I kept seeing the monsters eyes flicker to them feeding and I saw yearning in his eyes. The only thing keeping him from eating was us..and if we seemed like less of a threat then maybe he would go eat... 

I started mumbling under my breath and Mark leaned over.

"What are you doing?" he said loudly.

"Praying." I replied just as loud. Soon enough me and Mark were praying and out of my peripheral vision I saw the monster inch closer to the pile and then disappear. I wiggled until the tip of the knife popped out of my shirt and made Mark reach for it.

"Are you sure?" he asked uncertainly. I rolled my eyes and thrust my boobs closer to him. He let out a breath and squeezed his arms across to grab the knife. His fingers were cool and grabbed the knife. His knuckles lightly touched my cleavage and then they were gone.

"Sorry." he mumbled and started untying the ropes. I realized we had to keep up the noise so they wouldn't hear us hacking away at the ropes. Well...they were tied terribly. Thats how we were able to move but they didn't know that. Or maybe they did but they figured no one would be stupid enough to try anything while they were near.